As with the rest of this market, the highly developed system is expensive. Retailing at $679.95, how many dollars is your spine worth? The carbon composite frame has deliberate bending and fracture points built into it so that the brace itself doesn’t cause injury in a severe crash. The BNS comes in sizes S-L, which accommodate chest circumferences from 35.5 inches to 47.25 inches.
Motorcycle apparel giant, Alpinestars, has forged ahead in the safety department by offering the Bionic Neck Support for off-road and motocross applications.
Check out some of the manufacturer’s key features:
– The BNS functions by providing an alternative load path for the energy that compresses the neck. If the helmet is in contact with the Bionic Neck Support at the moment of impact the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture from occurring
– The BNS also helps reduce the chance of muscular injuries associated with extremes of head movement
– While it is not possible to eliminate the risk of any form of injury, the BNS is designed to help prevent the most serious damage and minimize the risk of collateral injury as the impact load is channeled away from the neck
– When compared to soft ‘neck roll’ devices the protection afforded is significantly better because being soft, these devices simply deform, offering no protection against the damaging compressive forces
– A special magnesium key located at the rear allows the convenient front opening of the device while also allowing it to be dismantled in an emergency
– Fitting System: Fine adjustment of the shoulder height allows a more personalized fit., particularly for individuals who have a shorter than normal neck
– Rear Stabilizer Failure system: In the event of large loads being channeled onto the rear stabilizer (the part that sits on the back) there are a number of deliberate bending and fracture points
Buy it Now: Alpinestars Bionic Neck Support
For more information, visit www.alpinestars.com.