The 2009 Off-Road Expo ‘Spring Break’ presented by Toyota will invade the Fairplex in Pomona Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22, with everything off-road including vehicles, thousands of parts and accessories, unbeatable show deals and more. Exciting new activities take center stage including Can-Am ATV demo rides, Hawaiian Tropic Model Search pageants, motorcycle trials stunt shows, and a Truck and 4X4 Show & Shine.
“Our Spring Break version of Off-Road Expo is the perfect place for Southern California off-road enthusiasts to kick-off the season and see all the latest toys and accessories for the summer,” said Show Director Tom Gattuso. “This gives off-road fans another opportunity to come together with friends, check out the latest products in the industry and enjoy some amazing live action off-road entertainment. The Off-Road Expo ‘Spring Break’ is also the best place to take advantage of great show discounts on vehicles, accessories and gear offered only on site at the Expo.”
This off-road extravaganza will showcase the latest trucks, Jeeps, UTVs, ATVs, dirt bikes, RVs, accessories and more from more than 100 national and local exhibitors. In addition to amazing show discounts, attendees will enjoy bikini contests, a tricked-out truck show and more. Come and party with fellow off-road enthusiasts! There is truly something for off-road fans of all ages at this two-day gathering for the off-road lover! Food and drink will be available for purchase on-site.
The Expo will come to life with exciting entertainment features including:
- Truck and 4X4 Show & Shine – for the first time ever at Off-Road Expo, the general public is invited to enter in a custom Truck and 4×4 Show & Shine event. This new event is expected to feature many of Southern California’s finest off-road and race trucks and entry is open to the public. Eight classes of truck and specialty off-road show vehicles will be judged with a first prize plaque awarded in each category. More information and entry instructions can be found at: http://ca.offroadexpo.com/truckshow. See how you match up against the heart of the off-road community.
- Motorcycle Trials Action – Off-roaders and outdoor enthusiasts are sure to be thrilled by exciting performances from National Trials Champion Jess Kempkes, of Team X Trials. Performing gymnastics on two wheels, Jess will fly through a monstrous obstacle course without ever touching his feet on the ground – putting his balance and riding precision to the test!
- Miss Hawaiian Tropic Model Search — sexy swimsuits and glistening Southern California tans make their first-ever appearance at the Off-Road Expo Spring Break. Local contestants will vie for the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Model Search Contest set to take place at the Expo on Saturday, March 21, at 3 p.m. and Sunday, March 22, at 3 p.m. A panel of judges as well as the audience’s cheers will determine the winner, so pick your favorite and watch the fun unfold. Contestants will host poster signings for the public from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. each day before the contest begins.
- Can-Am ATV Test Rides – This year’s Expo is home to free Can-AM ATV test rides all weekend long. Attendees can get up close to check out all the various models and even ride a Can-Am ATV on a closed circuit course specifically designed to demonstrate what the Can-AM ATVs can do. The experience lets drivers discover first-hand the quality and performance of these amazing all-terrain vehicles in a fun, no-pressure environment.
- RC Racing – Cen Racing showcases professional drivers taking their scale models of the vehicles they drive in real life through all the turns on a specially built RC course. Come check out the action and test your reflexes against pro drivers or just take one for a spin in between races to enjoy RC off-roading at its finest.
The Spring Off-Road Expo will take place Saturday, March 21, from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 22, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Held at the Fairplex, located at 1101 W. McKinley Avenue in Pomona, Calif., admission to the event is $12 for adults, $5 for children 6-12 and children 5 and younger are free. Buy tickets online and save! Purchase before March 16 and enter coupon code LAUNCH to receive a $2.00 discount. Participating off-road retailers will also be offering $2 off discount coupons. For more information and to purchase advance tickets, please visit www.offroadexpo.com.