Following are some notes of interest entering the Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown, presented by Supercuts, May 15-17, at Infineon Raceway:
- Mat Mladin (Suzuki) holds the record for the most Superbike victories at Infineon Raceway with eight (1999, 2003 doubleheader, 2004, 2005 doubleheader, 2007 doubleheader).
- This year marks the first time two AMA Pro events will be held on the same weekend at Infineon Raceway with AMA Pro Road Racing competing on the road course and AMA Supermoto XTRM Nationals Championships at the Karting Center on Sunday.
- Infineon Raceway track qualifying records were reset in all four professional classes in 2008.
- Ducati has not won a Superbike event at Infineon Raceway since 1978. Kawasaki has not won a Superbike event at Infineon Raceway since 1993.
- Yamaha has just two Superbike victories at Infineon Raceway. Its last win came in 2001 (Anthony Gobert).
- Suzuki has won the most Superbike titles at Infineon Raceway with 17. It is followed by: Honda (10), Kawasaki (3), Yamaha (2) and Ducati (2).
- Miguel Duhamel has won both the Superbike and Supersport events on the same weekend a record three times at Infineon Raceway (1993, 1995, 1998).
- Nicky Hayden (1999) and Josh Hayes (2007) are the only two riders to win Supersport and Formula Xtreme in the same weekend in Sonoma.
- Mat Mladin has won seven of the last 12 Superbike main events at Infineon Raceway (2003-2007).
- Despite three Superbike championships, Doug Chandler has never won at Infineon Raceway in either Superbike or Supersport.
- Rich Oliver is the only rider to win four straight years at Infineon Raceway. He won in the 250 Grand Prix class from 1994-97.
- Aprilia recorded its first-ever win at Infineon Raceway in 2002 behind rider Charles Sorensen in the 250 Grand Prix final.
- Suzuki has won every Superstock main event at Infineon Raceway but three (1993, 2003-04).
- Honda is the top manufacturer in Supersport at Infineon Raceway with six wins.
- Miguel Duhamel has the most career AMA wins at Infineon Raceway with nine (five Superbike, three Supersport, one Formula Xtreme). Mladin is second with eight, all in Superbike.
- Honda and Suzuki have combined to win the last 14 Superbike main events at Infineon Raceway dating back to 2002. Suzuki has 11 wins and Honda three. The last non-Honda/Suzuki winner was Yamaha (Anthony Gobert, 2001).
- Jason Pridmore holds the career record for Superstock wins at Infineon Raceway (three), Miguel Duhamel in Supersport (three) and Eric Bostrom in Formula Xtreme (two).
Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown
WHAT: Big O Tires Racing Season Presents: Kawasaki AMA Superbike Showdown, presented by Supercuts
WHEN: May 15-17
CIRCUIT: 12-turn, 2.22-mile road course
NOTABLE: The weekend will also feature three days of Supermoto racing, with Supermoto USA running on Friday and Saturday, and the AMA Supermoto XTRM Championship Series on Sunday. There will also be SBFreaks Street Freestyle all weekend.
TICKETS: $15-$35 single day/$60 weekend; 12-and-under FREE and parking FREE.
INFORMATION: 800-870-RACE, www.infineonraceway.com, www.ticketmaster.com