Yamaha riders dominated the action in the SuperSport race at Mid-Ohio as Joshua Day maintained the helm for 16 of the 17 laps. Ricky Parker led the SuperSport race at Mid-Ohio at the end of the first lap, but Josh Day soon took the lead and built a steady advantage over the following laps, finishing almost nine seconds ahead of Parker. Garret Carter recovered from a bad start to place a third Yamaha YZF-R6 on the podium behind Parker.
Kawasaki’s Dustin Dominques was running third, but ended up crashing out of the race on Lap 8, just after JD Beach took his position. Beach ran toe-to-toe with Parker for the next seven laps, but in the confusion Carter was able to sweep in and overtake third for himself.
Yamaha’s Josh Day claimed the top step of the all-R6 Mid-Ohio SuperSport rostrum, with Rickey Parker second and Garret Carter third.
Lloyd Worrell made a steady advance from eighth to end with fifth. The rest of the top-ten was composed of late charging riders from the back of the field, including Ezequiel Iturrioz, Alex Lazo, Hunley Nash, and Zac Chapman.
SuperSport Mid-Ohio Results, Top-Ten
1. Joshua Day (Yamaha YZF-R6), 17 Laps
2. Ricky Parker (Yamaha YZF-R6), +8.895
3. Garret Carter (Yamaha YZF-R6), +9.068
4. JD Beach (Honda CBR600RR), +9.177
5. Lloyd Worrell (Yamaha YZF-R6), +37.793
6. Ezequiel Iturrioz (Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6), +48.054
7. Alex Lazo (Yamaha YZF-R6), +48.218
8. Huntley Nash (Yamaha YZF-R6), +52.496
9. Zac Chapman (Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6), +52.627
10. Reese Wacker (Suzuki GSX-R600), +55.768