Infineon Raceway will again join forces with the public this holiday season for its 9th annual Thanksgiving Food Drive, Nov. 2-20.
These are incredibly difficult times, making this year’s drive extremely important — all of the non-perishable food items collected will be given to Friends in Sonoma Helping (FISH) in Sonoma and the Salvation Army Vallejo Food Pantry.
The annual food drive has generated more than 12,000 pounds of food since its inception in 2000, including 3,000 pounds in 2008.
“We feed 250 families every month, and with costs going up it makes it difficult,” said Leona Shipley, FISH central manager and food room volunteer. “So far we’ve been able to do it with the help of the people in the valley, including Infineon Raceway, and with the holidays coming, we want to be able to give as much as we always have.”
“We’re happy to join with other local businesses in supporting FISH and the Salvation Army,” said Vince Albano, chief operating officer of Mary’s Pizza Shack, which has participated in the food drive since 2002. “My grandmother Mary never wanted anyone to be hungry, so this is a great way for us to honor her by supporting two great programs.”
Those who would like to donate to the food drive can drop off non-perishable food items to the following locations:
• Mary’s Pizza Shack restaurant locations in Sonoma, Boyes Hot Springs, Petaluma and Novato, www.maryspizzashack.com.
• Vallejo Convention and Visitors Bureau, 289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA 94590, (707) 642-3653, www.visitvallejo.com.
• Destination RKA, 930 Shiloh Rd, Bldg 41-C, Windsor, (707) 836-7659. www.rka-luggage.com.
• Infineon Raceway Front Office, 29355 Arnold Dr., Sonoma, CA 95476. 800-870-RACE or www.infineonraceway.com.
• Food items can also mailed to: Jennifer Imbimbo, Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA, 95476.
“Now more than ever, during these tough economic times, there are a lot of people in our community who could use a helping hand,” said Roger Declercq, director of operations at Sonoma Gourmet, an annual donor to the food drive. “Every year, Infineon Raceway, FISH and the other groups involved put a tremendous effort into this food drive, and all of us at Sonoma Gourmet are very proud to be part of it.”
FISH has been helping Sonoma Valley residents in times of need since 1970. For more information, call (707) 996-0111. The Salvation Army Vallejo Food Pantry will put together more than 300 food boxes for the neediest families in Vallejo throughout the holiday season. For more information call (707) 643-8621.
For more information on the food drive, please contact Jennifer Imbimbo at (707) 933-3981 or firstname.lastname@example.org