The 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide has a low, smoked windshield and a slew of blacked-out components.
The new 2010 Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Ultra Classic Electra Glide trades the shine of chrome for a fade to black in its debut as the new, darker version of this truly exceptional Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle.
Each motorcycle is serialized from one to 999, and displays a formidable array of blacked out components, led by the serialized CB pod insert and the Gloss Black Rumble Collection and low-smoked windshield, the new CVO Ultra adds leading-edge technology with a handlebar-mounted Road Tech zumo 660 GPS Navigator and an integrated automatic lock system that now includes the ignition knob.
The CVO Ultra is powered by a black and chrome Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine and a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission, which is the largest-displacement V-Twin engine offered from the factory by Harley-Davidson. Besides the black powertrain, this menacing touring bike revels in all things dark with a Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate and Flame graphics base color, and approximately 185 other unique black parts, components and accessories meticulously melded to form and function by the CVO team.
Among the main attractions on the dark road to CVO Ultra custom inspiration are the Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, the Rumble Collection featuring nine Gloss Black accessories from mirrors to saddlebag latch covers, black engine and saddlebag guards, and Diamond Black gauge faces. All these deeply dark features combine to make the Ultra into an inspired motorcycle that could only come from Harley-Davidson CVO.
The CVO Ultra presents a lower profile up front with a 6.5-inch smoked windshield and adds premium Touring features like anti-lock braking system (ABS), LED saddlebag lights, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a six-gallon fuel tank, Brembo brakes and 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, and passenger audio with controls, cruise control, plus standard XM Radio.
The CVO Ultra is built on the innovative Touring chassis introduced by Harley-Davidson in 2009, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm specifically developed to suit the needs of long-haul touring rides.
Key CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide Features:
• Screamin’ Eagle Black and Chrome Twin Cam 110 engine with 110-cid (1803cc), rubber-mounted to the frame, is rated at 115 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission with black and chrome case features a helical-cut fifth gear.
• Developed for Harley-Davidson by Garmin, the Road Tech zumo 660 has a new mounting position for convenient viewing by both rider and passenger with a glove-friendly touch screen, left-handed controls and a bright, UV-resistant display that’s easy to read in sunlight.
• Gloss Black Rumble Collection featuring rider footboard inserts and pans, passenger footboard inserts and pans, shifter pegs, brake pedal, highway pegs, mirrors, windshield trim, saddlebag latch covers and heated hand grips with end caps.
• Contrast Chrome Roulette wheels, 17-inch front and 16-inch rear.
• Suspended, dual control heated leather seat with new perforated printed insert.
• Leather passenger backrest with adjustable lumbar support and new perforated, leather insert.
• New custom paint scheme is Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate with flame graphics.
Production of the 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide will be limited to approximately 999 units and it has a suggested U.S. retail price of $36,499.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.