Taddy Blazusiak had already won the IEWC Title after Round 3, but the KTM ace remained focused on winning the final round.
Taddy Blazusiak stood atop the podium steps at Barcelona in the fourth and final round of the 2010 Indoor Enduro World Cup series. Despite winning the championship title in Round 3, the KTM ace fought a fierce battle led by fellow KTM riders Ivan Cervantes and David Knight.
Knight prevailed in Race 1 with Blazusiak fighting his way up through the pack to finish in second ahead of Yamaha’s Daniel Gibert. Taddy took the honors in Race 2 with a flag-to-flag victory while Cervantes and Knight rounded out the top-three.
In the third and final outing, the 2009 IEWC Champion, Cervantes, was first to reach the finish line beating Blazusiak and Knight, who finished in second and third, respectively. However, it was Taddy “Whose Your Daddy” who earned the overall win courtesy of his 2-1-2 combined result.
After the race, Blazusiak said, “If you don’t give 100 percent when you are racing indoor Enduro that’s when you can get hurt, so although I’d already won the title I knew that I needed to push as hard as I could and stay 100 percent focused on my racing. Generally it was a great night for me and it was great to see a full stadium….. It’s been a great and almost perfect championship for me.”
Husaberg’s Joakim Ljunggren, who was third-overall in his debut year in IEWC, commented, “I never expected to finish the Indoor Enduro World Cup series with such a good final position. Being my first season of indoor enduro racing I knew I would be up against a lot of fast and experienced riders. For me a top five result would have been great, so I’m thrilled to have ended the championship in third.”
1. David Knight (KTM) 7.2:958
2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.33:220
3. Daniel Gibert (Yamaha) 7.45:547
4. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 7.53:831
5. Mika Ahola (Honda) 8.0:280
The Barcelona IEWC podium – Ivan Cervantes (left), Taddy Blazusiak (center) and David Knight (right).
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.17:023
2. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 7.29:062
3. David Knight (KTM) 7.46:345
4. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 7.53:631
5. Dougie Lampkin (Beta) 7.58:664
1.Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 7.15:106
2. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 7.19:931
3. David Knight (KTM) 7.42.866
4. Daniel Gibert (Yamaha) 7.50:479
5. Graham Jarvis (Sherco) 8.04:218
2010 Indoor Enduro World Cup Overall Standings:
1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) – 174
2. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) – 115
3. JOakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) – 95
4. Graham Jarvis (Sherco) – 70
5. Daniel Gibert (Yamaha) – 63