The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to announce the April kickoff of the 2010 AMA Grand Tours Series, sponsored by Kampgrounds of America.
This year, five AMA Grand Tours offer exciting competitions, fun destinations and great prizes for participants, including a new set of Dunlop motorcycle tires.
Motorcyclists are invited to ride along with five AMA-chartered clubs on these self-guided events, each of which will take riders to places they may have never seen before.
“This year’s series features events for all types of riders, from the casual to the extreme,” said AMA Road Riding Manager Dave Hembroff. “Three tours run between April and October and are perfect for riders who can only break away for shorter adventures. Two will finish toward the end of the year, and are intended for those riders who plan to really put in the miles.”
Every registered participant will receive a season-long KOA Value Rewards Kard, good for a discount at more than 400 full-service KOA Kampgrounds across the United States and Canada (www.koa.com). Riders who complete at least four of the five Grand Tours will receive an AMA Master Grand Tourer certificate, as well as an extra chance to win a valuable prize from an AMA benefits partner.
The five AMA Grand Tours are:
• Call of the Wild with KOA Grand Tour, presented by Midnight Riders (www.midnight-riders-mc.com/hugatree.htm): April 1 – Oct. 31
• Titanic Grand Tour, presented by the Great Lakes Motorcycle Club (www.glmc.org/grand-tour.html): April 14 – Sept. 15
• I’ve Been Everywhere Classic Grand Tour, presented by Road Winders (e-mail Joe Sloan, firstname.lastname@example.org): April 1 – Oct. 31
• National Parks Master Traveler Award Grand Tour, presented by the Iron Butt Association (www.ironbutt.com/NPT): Closes Dec. 31
• USA Four Corners Grand Tour, presented by the Southern California Motorcycle Association (www.usa4corners.org): Closes Dec. 31
More information can be found about the individual tours and the AMA Grand Tours Series with KOA Along the Way page. www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/touring2010/GrandTours.asp