Kawasaki’s Tyler Bowers took the win on Friday night and placed second on Saturday behind winner, Cole Siebler.
Throughout the 2011 AMA Arenacross Series season, it’s been a back-and-forth battle between current points leader and TUF Honda rider Jeff Gibson, of Blacklick, Ohio, and the Babbitt’s Monster Energy/TiLUBE Kawasaki presented by Maxxis duo of Tyler Bowers, of Danville, Conn., and Chad Johnson, of Rhinelander, Wis. However, Gibson’s TUF Honda teammate Siebler chose to throw his name into the mix on Saturday night.
As the gates dropped on the 25-lap main event, Siebler grabbed the start he needed to run out in front of the field. Once in the top spot, he showed he has the speed of his counterparts, dominating throughout the race en route to the win. Bowers overcame a potentially troublesome night, working his way into the main event from the Last Chance Qualifier. After starting on the second row, he worked his way into second. Gibson rode smart, not pressing the issue and securing the final podium spot.
With his win on Friday night and his runner-up effort on Saturday, Bowers has closed to within just three points of his rival.
Previously undefeated Adam Gulley, of Jonesburg, Mo., was forced to overcome a bad start in the Arenacross Lites main event. While he worked his way through the field, Massie asserted himself as the rider to beat, holding off Gateway Cycles Kawasaki’s Steven Mages, of Sardinia, Ohio, while Gulley landed on the podium in third.
The AMA Arenacross Series continues next weekend, making its return to Louisville, Ky., and the Freedom Hall. The action commences on Saturday, February 12 at 7 p.m. ET.
2011 Arenacross Toledo Results:
1. Cole Siebler, Emmett, Idaho, Honda
2. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
3. Jeff Gibson, Blacklick, Ohio, Honda
4. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
5. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda
6. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki
7. Kelly Smith, Ludington, Mich., Yamaha
8. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki
9. Daniel Aulsaybrook, Ortonville, Mich., Suzuki
10. Nathan Skaggs, Chilicothe, Ohio, Honda
2011 AMA Arenacross Lites Toledo Results:
1. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda
2. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, Kawasaki
3. Adam Gulley, Jonesburg, Mo., Kawasaki
4. Kyle Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., Suzuki
5. Scott Zont, Algonquin, Ill., Honda
6. Michael Lang, Saugerties, N.Y., Honda
7. Tyler Sehr, Belleville, Ill., Honda
8. Austin Primavera, Larue, Ohio, Suzuki
9. Tanner Young, Marland, Okla., Yamaha
10. Kenneth Henry, Ashtabula, Ohio, KTM
2011 Arenacross Championship Points:
1. Jeff Gibson, Blacklick, Ohio, Honda – 155
2. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki – 152
3. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki – 140
4. Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki – 112
5. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda – 112
6. Cole Siebler, Emmett, Idaho, Ho nda – 109
7. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda – 89
8. Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Yamaha – 82
9. Kelly Smith, Ludington, Mich., Yamaha – 79
10. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Suzuki – 73
2011 Arenacross Lites Eastern Regional Points:
1. Adam Gulley, Jonesburg, Mo., Kawasaki – 95
2. Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda – 83
3. Steve Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, Kawasaki – 64
4. Tyler Sehr, Belleville, Ill., Honda – 54
5. Austin Coon, Spencer, W.V., Honda – 53
6. Kyle Goerke, Lake Helen, Fla., Suzuki – 40
7. Scott Zont, Algonquin, Ill., Honda – 40
8. Kyle White, Freeport, Ill., Honda – 38
9. Austin Primavera, Larue, Ohio, Suzuki – 30
10. Maxx Malatia, Itasca, Ill., Kawasaki – 29
New for 2011! Live timing and scoring from each round of the AMA Arenacross Series. To follow the intense racing action live, log onto www.Arenacross.com. For all media requests, please contact Brandon Short at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-365-5750.