After crashing out of yesterday’s race, Michigan racer Chris Fillmore won Sunday’s 10-lap AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 Race 2 over Steve Rapp and yesterday’s winner, Tyler O’Hara.
Fillmore nabbed the holeshot at the start of the race. Behind him was Rapp, O’Hara, Jeremy McWilliams and Jason DiSalvo. On the second lap O’Hara drafted by both Fillmore and Rapp down the front straightaway. The four guys up front would continue to tussle with their bikes flexing and wiggling in an effort to maximize momentum through the corners.
By the halfway point Jason DiSalvo checked up with some sort of mechanical problem, which forced him out of the race. With the lead group down to just three riders they continued to draft past each other for position. On the final lap it was Fillmore out front followed by Rapp and O’Hara in a tight procession. Rapp had a look around the outside, but didn’t have the power to make the pass. Lapped traffic then came into play with Fillmore getting through more efficiently, basically ending Rapp’s chance for a final turn pass.
AMA Pro Vance & Hines XR1200 Race 2 Results:
1. Chris Fillmore (Harley-Davidson)
2. Steve Rapp (Harley-Davidson)
3. Tyler O’Hara (Harley-Davidson)
4. Michael Barnes (Harley-Davidson)
5. Jeremy McWilliams (Harley-Davidson)
6. Steve Crevier (Harley-Davidson)
7. Michael Corbino (Harley-Davidson)
8. Michael Beck (Harley-Davidson)
9. Kyle Wyman (Harley-Davidson)
10. Shane Narbonne (Harley-Davidson)