“We are excited to kick-off the 12-city Progressive International Motorcycle Shows tour in the San Francisco Bay Area,” said Kerry Graeber, Brand Director for the Tour. “The show offers the latest custom, exotic and production bikes all under one roof along with high-energy entertainment and learning experiences for all types of riders. This year we’ve assembled an amazing collection of custom bikes, as well as thrilling motorcycle stunt shows from reality TV stars The Smage Brothers, digital graffiti walls and more.”
Exciting features coming to the San Mateo Motorcycle Show:
• World Debut of Smage Bros Stunt Show – Made famous by their popularity on a nationally televised talent competition this past summer, Wisconsin brothers Pat and Phil Smage will take motorcycle trials stunt riding to the next level with a brand new, never-before-seen show that will make eyes pop and jaws drop. The heart-pounding trials stunt show will wow audiences with the brothers performing wheelies, aerial acrobatics, stoppies and jumps while flying over dumpsters, trailers, ladders and more. Stunt show hours are Friday, at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Saturday, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. and Sunday, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
• Dream Pavilion – Showgoers are invited to leave their “every-day” ride behind and enter the fantasy world of rare, exotic bikes in the Dream Pavilion, featuring motorcycles from Aprilia, Beta, Darwin Motorcycles, Ducati, Erik Buell Racing, Gas Gas, Husqvarna, KTM, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta, Norton and Triumph.
• The Learning Curve – An interactive stage will be jam-packed with industry experts presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including adventure riding, motorcycle maintenance, increasing bike performance, seminars for women riders and more.
• Demo Rides – Licensed motorcyclists who bring their own riding gear (including a helmet) can test ride the hottest new bikes from manufacturers on Saturday and Sunday, during daylight hours. These manufacturer-hosted demo rides will offer consumers the chance to hop on the latest models and take one out for a ride.
• Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition – Returning to the series, the world’s largest motorcycle builder competition will showcase elite-level custom motorcycles competing for a piece of a $90,000 cash purse prize and a chance to compete in the United States Championship, at the Daytona Progressive International Motorcycle Show in March. In affiliation with the AMD World Championship, this competition will feature four classes of competition, a “people’s choice” winner and the chance for attendees to meet the artists who create these custom designs.
• Kawasaki Design-A-Bike – This state-of-the-art interactive digital wall display invites motorcycle enthusiasts to virtually design their own custom exterior paint and graphics package on a selected Kawasaki motorcycle using exclusive technology from Lumacoustics. This never-before-seen technology will make its debut in the United States at the San Mateo Motorcycle Show. Showgoers are invited to use a wireless digital spray-can to choose from dozens of color palettes and more than 10 graphics packages to customize a digitally displayed Kawasaki motorcycle. Custom creations can also be posted to Facebook, sent to an e-mail address or printed out as a show souvenir.
• Supermoto Racing – SupermotoUSA brings Supermoto action-packed racing to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show – watch racers of all ages as they back in, come out sideways and jump over urban style ramps on a tight, closed-circuit course. Additionally, Supermoto Racing is FREE for all ticket-buying consumers of the San Mateo Motorcycle Show.
• Motorcycling Through the Decades Presented by “Motorcyclist” Magazine – Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to take a look into the past, as well as the future, with this display of bikes representing every decade since the inception of motorcycling 100 years ago.
• Swag Wagon Presented by Allstate – A specially designed mobile two-wheeled rolling freebie-machine, piloted by the show Swag Master, will cruise through the show spreading high-energy and laughs with moto-product giveaways, motorcycle oriented games, contests, prizes, music and more.
• Rider Connection Presented by Allstate – This motorcycle concierge delivers first-class service and hospitality for riders looking to discover local motorcycle riding opportunities, the latest bikes, new products and how to make the most of the San Mateo Motorcycle Show experience.
• Free Motorcycle Parking and Gear Check – Free motorcycle parking will be available for all riders who ride their motorcycles to the show. In addition, riders will be invited to check helmets, jackets and other gear at the show’s main entrance to free their hands and enjoy the new show experience.
The San Mateo Motorcycle Show will be open to the public Friday, November 18 through Sunday, November 20, at the San Mateo County Event Center, located at 2495 South Delaware Street, in San Mateo. Show hours are Friday, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission to the event is $15 adults $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. On Family Day, Sunday, November 20, all children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a paying adult. The 2011-2012 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows 12-city tour schedule is as follows: November 18-20, 2011, San Mateo, CA; December 2-4, Dallas, TX; December 9-11, Long Beach, CA; December 16-18, Seattle, WA; January 6-8, 2012, Novi, MI; January 13-15, Washington D.C.; January 20-22, New York, NY; January 27-29, Cleveland, OH; February 3-5, Minneapolis, MN; February 10-12, Chicago, IL; February 24-26, Charlotte, NC; and March 14-17, Daytona Beach, FL. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.