The TKC-80 Twinduro is Continental’s #2 selling tire in N. America. The expansion of both lines further reinforces Continental’s intention to be at the forefront of performance tire technology.
Continential TKC 80 Twinduro Tires:
Continental Tire developed the TKC 80 as a competition off-road tire for heavy enduro bikes. The tire is the result of collaboration with Richard Schalber, enduro world champion many times over. BMW uses the TKC 80 as original equipment on the R 1150 & R 1200 GS Adventure. Due to its awesome performance both on and off the road the TKC-80 has also caught on with riders of many other brands of dual purpose bikes. The tire boasts good self-cleaning properties, best grip on soft terrain, and excellent road handling.
The multifunctional TKC 80 was developed as an on and off-road tire in collaboration with BMW and legendary world enduro champion, Richard Schalber. Those who have ridden on it over longer distances are quickly won over by its merits. The TKC 80 is the ideal tire for cyclists who want to combine excellent road properties with outstanding off-road qualities.
In off-road use the TKC-80 displays good self-cleaning properties, high levels of grip, excellent directional control on soft terrain, and is a genuine competition tire with M+S certification which has been proven in world events such as the Paris–Dakar rally.
ContiTrail Attack Tires Main Features:
• Engineered to meet the demands of today’s powerful, high performance adventure
• “Continuous-Compound” Technology Derived from Continental’s Race Attack tires;
-A single compound is used that through a temperature controlled curing process delivers the benefits of a dual-compound tire without the abrupt transition between the different compounds that dual compound tires are known for.
-Center Tread Area, wear resistant = Mileage.
-Shoulder Tread Area, flexible = Grip.
-Continuous transition from center to shoulder = Smooth and predictable performance.
• 0° steel belt construction on the rear tire delivers superior stability and comfort even at high
cruising speeds and high loads.
• Reinforced carcass on the front tire utilizes a newly designed tread pattern to ensure higher
precision and optimized wear.
• Innovative touring compound offers high grip in all wet and dry conditions combined with
excellent mileage for long trips.
• Exceptionally quick warm-up time.
• Stunning new tread pattern adapted from the Conti Attack family.
What is Continental’s “Continuous-Compound”?:
• The new Trail Attack uses a soft compound on the outer edge for maximum grip at maximum
lean angle for controlled braking into corners and acceleration out of corners, but is harder in the
center for extended high-speed durability. Due to Continental’s “Continuous-Compound”
technology, the Trail Attack does not behave like its competition’s dual compound tires.
• The main disadvantage of a dual compound tire lies in the transition zone between the two
different compounds. Because of this Continental does not use two different compounds like
the competition. Instead through different thermal treatments of the two tread sections the Trail
Attack can offer the benefits of dual compound tires without the drawbacks.
• The technicians at Continental have not only managed to develop a contact compound that
changes from the center to the outer edge of the tire, but this change develops progressively,
unlike the tires from the competition.