SHAD’s new ST38 trio of matching, lightweight, rugged aluminum saddlebags, top cases and model-specific racks is designed exclusively for adventure-bike pilots who want to pack up and leave everyday lives in their city, suburban or rural worlds for expeditions to points unknown–and beyond.
All three bags combine the durability, toughness and security that adventure riders demand from their motorcycle luggage when hauling essentials–from running local errands to navigating the globe.
The ST38 series is built from thick, yet light aluminum sheets with reinforced corners and oversized rivets to withstand the harshest riding conditions. Completely waterproof, this matching trio shares air- and water-tight rubber seals that make them impenetrable to dust and moisture. Steel hinges and a tough, high-security, dual-lock system ensure that cargo stays safe and secure inside.
Each case in the ST38 luggage system has 38 liters of packing space, making for a combined total of 114 liters; easily hauling 53 pounds of gear. The cases open from the top to reveal interiors with damping trays that quell vibration and fastening straps that keep their loads from moving around. The top case, which is big enough to hold a full-face helmet, measures 13.7 in. wide x 11.8 in. tall x 13.7 in. deep; each pannier is 18.5 in. wide, 13.7 in. tall and 8.3 in. deep.
This turnkey system is available with mounting systems for BMW, KTM, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha adventure bikes. Painted black, these solid steel frames are meticulously engineered to provide the rugged luggage with a shake-free ride. Adding versatility, an adapter allows the complete range of SHAD’s 16 top cases to complement the ST38 saddlebags.
Backed by a two-year warranty, the ST38s come in black or silver, complete with everything needed to haul a great supply of moto gear. They can be purchased as a three-piece set or saddlebag-only package to be used with or without a SHAD top case. Each bag in this luggage set will be available in May.
Company: SHAD USA
Product Name: ST38 Aluminum Luggage System
Part Numbers: Black: DOM38T21; Silver: DOM38T05
Availability: May, 2012, from North America’s leading distributors
Retail Price: $1199 for top case, saddlebags and mounting system; $879 for saddlebags and mounting system without top case
1. Completely waterproof with air- and water-tight rubber seal 2. Steel hinges
3. High-security, dual-lock system
4. Interior damping trays to quell vibration
5. Interior fastening straps to secure cargo
6. Capacity: Each bag has 38 liters of packing space, for a combined total of 114 liters
7. Maximum load for all three cases: 53 pounds
8. Top case is large enough to hold a full-face helmet
9. Top case dimensions: 13.7 in. wide x 11.8 in. tall x 13.7 in. deep
10. Saddlebag dimensions: 18.5 in. wide x 13.7 in. tall x 8.3 in. deep
11. Applications: BMW R1200, F800 and F650 series; KTM 990 Adventure Dakar and 690SMC, Suzuki V-Strom series, Triumph Tiger 800XC and Yamaha Super Tenere