Monster Energy Graves Yamaha’s Josh Hayes and Yoshimura Racing’s Blake Young once again top the list after Friday’s qualifying session at Infineon Raceway. The Mississippi rider beat out Young by 0.602 seconds for provisional pole position. Jordan Suzuki rider Ben Bostrom broke his string of bad luck, posting a time of 1:37.193 giving him third place. Team Hero’s Danny Eslick rode his EBR 1190RS to fourth place, after holding down second and third with fellow EBR rider Geoff May during the final minutes of the qualifier.
Roger Hayden of National Jordan Suzuki took fifth place and was followed by KTM/HMC Racing’s Chris Fillmore. Race 2 third place finisher in Road Atlanta, Josh Herrin took seventh aboard his Yamaha R1. Rounding out the final ten finishers are Team Amisol/Hero’s Geoff May, Motorcycle-Superstore.com/Attack Performance’s Steve Rapp and Team Venezuela’s Robertino Pietri.
Ben Bostrum had difficult luck at Road Atlanta but rallied in Friday’s qualifier at Infineon, taking third.
2012 SuperBike Infineon Friday:
1. Josh Hayes (Yamaha) 1:36.383
2. Blake Young (Suzuki) 1:36.985
3. Ben Bostrom (Suzuki) 1:37.193
4. Danny Eslick (EBR) 1:37.385
5. Roger Hayden (Suzuki) 1:37.544
6. Chris Fillmore (KTM) 1:37.385
7. Josh Herrin (Yamaha) 1:38.138
8. Geoff May (EBR) 1:38.192
9. Steve Rapp (Kawasaki) 1:38.281
10. Robertino Pietri (Suzuki) 1:38.488
11. Larry Pegram (BMW) 1: 38.500
12. David Anthony (Suzuki) 1:38.756
13. Jake Holden (BMW) 1:39.101
14. Chris Ulrich (Suzuki) 1:39.712
15. Stefan Nebel (KTM) 1:40.279
AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike
Jason DiSalvo of Team Latus Motors Racing took provisional pole position in Friday’s AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike qualifying session. The Triumph Daytona 675R rider bested Cameron Beaubier of Yamaha Extended Service. Beaubier was absent during the Road Atlanta stop but took third place at Daytona. Both riders outpaced current points leader Martin Cardenas of Geico Suzuki, who after leading for a portion of the session, finished in third.
Road Race Factory’s Jake Gagne rounds out the provisional front row securing the fourth place spot and he was followed by Daytona 200 winner Joey Pascarella and Yamaha Extended Service’s Tommy Hayden who both posted a 1:39.864 for fifth place. Dane Westby, third place finisher in Race 2 at Road Atlanta came in seventh behind the two Yamaha riders. Jake Zemke of Ducshop racing followed in eighth.
2012 SportBike Infineon Friday:
1. Jason DiSalvo (Triumph) 1:38.159
2. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha) 1:38.466
3. Martin Cardenas (Suzuki) 1:38.593
4. Jake Gagne (Yamaha) 1:39.325
5. Joey Pascarella (Yamaha) 1:39.864
5. Tommy Hayden (Yamaha) 1:39.864
7. Dane Westby (Suzuki) 1:40.007
8. Jake Zemke (Ducati) 1:40.355
9. Bryce Prince (Yamaha) 1:40.523
10. Cory West (Suzuki) 1:40.610
11. JD Beach (Yamaha) 1:40.852
12. Bobby Fong (Yamaha) 1:40.912
13. Paul Allison (Yamaha) 1:41.075
14. Michael Beck (Yamaha) 1:41.759
15. Huntley Nash (Yamaha) 1:41.789
AMA Pro Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport
Castrol Triumph’s Dustin Dominguez prevailed in the first qualifying session for AMA ProMotorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport, taking provisional pole position on his Triumph Daytona 675R. He was followed by RoadRace Factory’s Hayden Gillim who came in second and current points leader James Rispoli in third.
Cameron Gish of Z2 Racing rounds out the provisional front row in fourth and was followed fellow Yamaha rider Tomas Puerta in fifth. Road Atlanta Race 2 winner Jake Lewis pulled in at eighth place and Elena Myers, second place in overall points, placed 13th.
2012 SuperSport Infineon Friday
1. Dustin Dominguez (Triumph) 1:42.042
2. Hayden Gillim (Yamaha) 1:42.297
3. James Rispoli (Suzuki) 1:42.423
4. Cameron Gish (Yamaha) 1:42.552
5. Tomas Puerta (Yamaha) 1:42.886
6. Corey Alexander (Suzuki) 1:42.972
7. Wyatt Farris (Yamaha) 1:43.475
8. Jake Lewis (Suzuki) 1:43.671
9. Rocco Horvath (Yamaha) 1:43.807
10. Travis Ohge (Yamaha) 1:43.903
11. Sebastiao Ferreira (Yamaha) 1:43.917
12. Garrett Willis (Honda) 1:43.993
13. Elena Myers (Suzuki) 1:44.069
14. Colter Dimick (Yamaha) 1:44.972
15. Roi Holster (Yamaha) 1:45.190