Race 1 Supersport Podium: Irish riders William Dunlop (center) in first and Alastair Seeley (left) in second and English rider John McGuinness (right) in third place.
Wilson Craig Racing’s William Dunlop and Tyco Suzuki Racing’s Alistair Seeley split wins on Saturday in the North West 200 Supersport events. William Dunlop scored the top spot in Race 1, followed by Seeley and TT legend John McGuinness riding for Padgett’s MMCG Racing. Seeley took the win in the Race 2, followed by William Dunlop and Bruce Anstey of Padgett’s rounding out third. Wilson Craig Racing’s Cameron Donald took fourth place in both events.
Dunlop started Race 1 heading the second row on the starting grid, but made his way quickly to the front where he remained for the entire race. Seeley and McGuinness remained close behind, only seconds behind the Honda rider, but were unable to advance in position before the checkers. Donald also held firm in fourth place through the duration of Race 1. William’s brother Michael Dunlop remained in sixth place, moving only one position ahead of where he started on the grid.
The first three laps of Race 2 were more varied than in Race 1 as the lead role was exchanged between Donald, who held through Lap 1, William Dunlop, who maintained the lead through Lap 2 and finally to Seeley who took the front spot through to the checkers after Lap 3.
Anstey ousted Donald for a podium finish in the final lap of Race 2, earning his only podium in either Supersport or Superbike during the weekend.
McGuiness lagged a bit in Race 2, fluctuating between fourth and sixth place through the six laps, finally rolling across the finish line in fifth place.
Alastair Seeley split wins with William Dunlop in Supersport events on Saturday in the Northwest 200.
2012 North West 200 Supersport Race 1 Results:
1. William Dunlop (Honda) 115.239mph
2. Alastair Seeley (Suzuki) 114.965mph
3. John McGuinness (Honda) 114.851mph
4. Cameron Donald (Honda) 114.313mph
5. Gary Johnson (Honda) 114.222mph
6. Michael Dunlop (Suzuki) 113.525mph
7. Bruce Anstey (Honda) 112.846mph
8. Dan Kneen (Suzuki) 111.110mph
9. Ben Wylie (Yamaha) 111.044mph
10. Ian Hutchinson (Yamaha) 111.027mph
11. Stefano Bonetti (Honda) 110.048mph
12. Jamie Coward (Suzuki) 110.009mph
13. Michael Sweeny (Yamaha) 109.924mph
14. Brian McCormack (Yamaha) 109.128mph
15. Robert Wilson (Kawasaki) 109.023mph
2012 North West 200 Supersport Race 2 Results:
1. Alastair Seeley (Suzuki) 115.397mph
2. William Dunlop (Honda) 115.304mph
3. Bruce Anstey (Honda) 114.675mph
4. Cameron Donald (Honda) 114.667mph
5. John McGuinness (Honda) 114.507mph
6. Michael Dunlop (Suzuki) 112.902mph
7. Gary Johnson (Honda) 112.357mph
8. Dan Kneen (Suzuki) 112.031mph
9. Michael Sweeney (Yamaha) 111.767mph
10. Daniel Cooper (Kawasaki) 110.569mph
11. David Haire (Honda) 110.557mph
12. Brian McCormack (Yamaha) 110.328mph
13. Paul Shoesmith (Yamaha) 110.202mph
14. Ben Wylie (Yamaha) 109.898mph
15. William Davison (Honda) 109.571mph
Full Report to Follow.