Kyle Wyman scored the first win for his title sponsor the KLR Group, who came on board after his win at Daytona.
KLR Group’s Kyle Wyman took the win in the Vance & Hines XR1200 race at Road America on Sunday. The battle for first tight, with a number of late race position changes among the top three. Bartel’s Harley-Davidson’s Michael Barnes ended in second with a final lap pass of teammate Tyler O’Hara who finished in third. Kyle Wyman rode well all day, posting the fastest qualifying time in the morning and earning his second win of the season.
“It’s good to get the first win for our title sponsor, KLR Group, who came on after Daytona,” Wyman said. “It was a good race. I knew it was going to be the three of us dicing it up. I figured out that I was pretty quick through the last few corners of the racetrack but very week in the Carousel. I figured if I could be out front at the end of the Carousel I’d be all right to the finish. I knew I could get a good drive out of the last corner. I led the whole last lap and it worked out to plan.”
Harv’s Harley-Davidson’s Travis Wyman trailed in fourth place over 10 seconds behind O’Hara, beating out Benjamin Carlson of Suburban Harley-Davidson by a mere 0.007 seconds. Carlson pushed past Kuryakyn’s Gerry Signorelli on the last lap to earn fifth place.
O’Hara and Kyle Wyman are still 1-2 on the championship points list, but Wyman was able to close the gap from 16 to nine after the Road America race. He was also able to broaded the gap between second and third, still occupied by Barnes. After Miller, Barnes was one point shy of being tied with Wyman, and now sits six behind.
AMA Pro XR1200 Road America Race Results 2012:
1. Kyle Wyman (Harley-Davidson)
2. Michael Barnes (Harley-Davidson)
3. Tyler O’Hara (Harley-Davidson)
4. Travis Wyman (Harley-Davidson)
5. Benjamin Carlson (Harley-Davidson)
6. Gerry Signorelli (Harley-Davidson)
7. David Estok (Harley-Davidson)
8. Michael Corbino (Harley-Davidson)
9. Darren James (Harley-Davidson)
10. Nicholas Hansen (Harley-Davidson)
11. Joseph Rozynski (Harley-Davidson)
12. Brice Cooper (Harley-Davidson)
13. Paul James (Harley-Davidson)
14. Matthew Heidel (Harley-Davidson)
15. Josh Chisum (Harley-Davidson)
AMA Pro XR1200 Championship Points:
1. Tyler O’Hara, 138
2. Kyle Wyman, 129
3. Michael Barnes, 123
4. Michael Corbino, 74
5. David Estok, 70
6. Gerry Signorelli, 69
7. Travis Wyman, 65
8. Darren James, 63
9. Josh Chisum, 49
10. Nicholas Hansen, 41