Vespa USA, the North American importer of the Piaggio Group’s iconic Vespa scooter brand, is introducing www.lavespavita.com, a new community-powered online destination for individuals who have a passion for living “La Vespa Vita” (The Vespa Life). From street fashion trends to innovative product design, the new site is a call to action for both brand advocates and new fans to contribute and share their own Vespa-inspired content using the most popular social media platforms.
Users can submit photos that capture their interpretation of the Vespa Lifestyle via Flickr or Instagram by using the hashtag #VESPAVITA. Snapshots and short captions of a person’s style statement can be submitted via Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #VESPASTYLE. A third option is to become a contributor by submitting content for the La Vespa Vita blog at www.lavespavita.com/blog.
“For more than six decades, Vespa motor scooters have inspired style mavens, trendsetters and forward-thinking individuals with the perfect mix of timeless design, classic elegance and practical benefits,” said Melissa R. MacCaull, vice president, marketing, Piaggio Group Americas. “Now we’re turning the content keys over to our community of enthusiasts and can’t wait to watch a digital self-portrait of the Vespa lifestyle come to life.”
New Microsite Powered By a Community of Vespa-Inspired Individuals
First conceived as a post-World War II utility transportation vehicle for Italian families, Vespa motor scooters soon came to epitomize Italian style and design and were immortalized in print and on film. Today, Vespa still stands for individuality, freedom and a zest for life, and it’s these qualities that www.lavespavita.com wants to share through curated and consumer-generated content.
Site content includes:
• Vespa Mosaic – Colorful photos from Vespa enthusiasts and fans that celebrate the spirit of Vespa. Visitors can upload their favorites via Flickr or Instagram by using the hashtag #VESPAVITA;
• Vespa Style Book – A user-generated Look Book of Vespa-inspired or ahead-of-the-curve style that defines la dolce vita. Visitors can submit a photo of themselves and their favorite original look (with or without a Vespa) for consideration via Twitter or Instagram by using the hashtag #VESPASTYLE;
• La Vespa Vita Blog – A dynamic blog with community members’ submitted posts that present the trends, personalities, history, culture and adventures of life associated with the distinctive lifestyle statement that is Vespa. Fans and enthusiasts can submit a post at www.lavespavita.com/blog and fresh content will be added two to three times a week;
• Vespa Model Lineup – Snapshots of the 2012 model lineup starting with the classic LX 50 and LX 150 ie, perfect for urban commuting, followed by the 1970’s retro-inspired S 50 and S 150 ie, the powerful and sporty GTS 300 ie and GTS 300 ie Super and the vintage-inspired LXV 150 ie and GTV 300 ie;
• Win $1000 in Vespa Gear – Visitors are given an opportunity to enter to win $1000 in Vespa gear on www.lavespavita.com and a new Facebook app at www.facebook.com/vespausa through November 30, 2012.
Site content includes:
To learn more about how to contribute to La Vespa Vita’s Mosaic, Blog and Style Book, please visit www.lavespavita.com.
For information about Vespa, in the USA visit the new www.vespausa.com, in Canada visit the www.vespa-canada.ca. To get the latest news and updates from Vespa USA, like them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/vespausa) and follow them on twitter (twitter.com/vespausa).
About The Piaggio Group:
Established in 1884 by Rinaldo Piaggio and based in Pontedera in Pisa, Italy, the Piaggio Group is one of the world’s top manufacturers of two-wheel motor vehicles. With more than 7,000 employees, an annual production of 653,000 vehicles in 2011, five R&D centers, seven production facilities in Europe and Asia and world-wide commercial operations, the Piaggio Group has a strong and increasing leadership in the European two-wheeler market. The company produces scooters, motorcycles and mopeds in the 50cc to 1,200cc displacement range, marketed under the Piaggio, Vespa, Gilera, Derbi, Aprilia, Scarabeo and Moto Guzzi brands. The Group also manufactures three- and four-wheel light transportation vehicles for the Ape, Porter and Quargo ranges.