Suzuki is pleased to announce the kickoff of The Ultimate Hayabusa customer contest on Monday, March 11. The Ultimate Hayabusa is a nationwide search to find the best and the baddest custom Busa’s out there — be it through style or performance modifications. Suzuki wants to showcase this powerful and growing community of custom bikes and custom bike owners through this exciting social campaign. Bike owners will compete online at ultimatehayabusa.com — users will upload photos of their Hayabusa to their account page on the website and will rely on social activity to boost attention to their custom Busa’s, earning themselves up to a five-star ranking. The better ranking and higher number of votes a user earns, the more awareness to their bike they will gain, giving them a stronger chance to win.
The bracket-style contest is broken down into four phases:
• Submissions phase: 3/11 – 5/31; contestants will build their profiles and campaign votes in an effort to get on top of the leaderboards
• Regional Semi-Finals: 6/1 – 6/16; consumers will vote and judges will select the top 24 Busa’s entered into the competition. The top 24 Regional Semi-Finalists will be broken up by eight bikes per region (West, East, South)
• Regional Finals: 6/17 – 7/7; consumers will vote and judges will select the top three Busa’s in the nation (one per region) to compete for the National title
• National Finals: 7/8 – 8/16; consumers will vote and judges will select the grand prize winner and crown one Busa as “The Ultimate Hayabusa”
• The 3 Regional Finalists will win a custom painted full face helmet to match their champion Hayabusa
• The 3 Regional Finalists will also be invited on a 5 day / 4 night trip to the live finale during the Indy MotoGP race weekend in Indianapolis, IN
• The Grand Prize Winner will win a 2013 Hayabusa Limited Edition and the title of “The Ultimate Hayabusa”
Contestants must pair-up with their preferred local Suzuki dealer to enter the contest so they can best represent their specific region (and ultimately be eligible to compete in the bracket-style contest, which is structured by geo-location).
During the contest, The Ultimate Hayabusa contestants will be ranked on style enhancements, performance enhancements, and the overall creativity of their bike (i.e. the story and inspiration behind the build). Ultimately, Suzuki will be the final judge, selecting the winner at each stage of the bracket-style competition, but garnering votes and creating a presence inside the program and site is paramount to the contestant — it’s how they get seen.
Suzuki is kicking off The Ultimate Hayabusa contest during Daytona Bike Week in Daytona, Florida with a unique one-off, daily custom Hayabusa competition. Suzuki is inviting custom ‘Busa owners to bring their bikes and display them at the Suzuki booth where they will be voted-on during a daily competition via a real-time mobile voting poll using SMS and Twitter. Each day, the finalist selected will win an iPad Mini with the Hayabusa Kanji etched into the back of the device. To participate at this Daytona event, email Daytona@ultimatebusa.com for more details.
For more information on The Ultimate Hayabusa contest, please visit www.ultimatehayabusa.com
For more information on the Hayabusa, please visit www.suzukicycles.com