The city of Milwaukee is ready to rock as Harley-Davidson’s 110th Anniversary party gets set to kick-off Labor Day Weekend. Aerosmith, one of the headlining acts, will ensure it’s a celebration to be remembered.
Sound checks are under way…the parade route is set…and the beverages are on ice. Everything’s ready for America’s biggest party of the year – the Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversary celebration in Milwaukee over Labor Day Weekend.
The Milwaukee party is the culmination of a year-long, global celebration that has rocked 11 countries on six different continents, where Harley-Davidson has celebrated with fans united by a common bond and shared passion for freedom, self-expression and adventure. In the past year, Harley-Davidson employees, dealers and riders have shared thousands of amazing experiences, including a ride through the Tibetan Plateau in China, a parade along the beaches of Sao Paulo and even a Papal blessing.
“It’s been an amazing ride around the world for our 110th. And, now we’re bringing the party home,” said Harley-Davidson Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Mark-Hans Richer. “What better way to cap off this year-long adventure than by hosting the biggest party in America over Labor Day weekend, right here in our hometown with thousands of our family and friends? It’s going to be epic.”
MILWAUKEE WELCOMES RIDERS HOME
Milwaukee residents have always been cordial hosts for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts who make the journey to the City of Festivals from around the world. One Anniversary tradition is the welcoming home of thousands of riders by Milwaukee area residents who stand on the city’s highway overpasses with homemade welcome signs as riders arrive in Milwaukee.
Starting today, fans can pick up free Harley-Davidson Welcome Home banners at the Harley-Davidson Museum and at local Harley-Davidson dealerships including Hal’s Harley-Davidson, House of Harley-Davidson, Milwaukee Harley-Davidson and Suburban Motors Harley-Davidson. The best time to catch riders as they roar into town is Thursday, Aug. 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
DON’T MISS IT
Tickets and lodging are still available.
There are two ticket options for the 110th Anniversary party headquarters – the Milwaukee Summerfest Grounds – where fans can see as many as 60 eclectic entertainers, including ZZ Top, Bret Michaels, Cowboy Mouth, the Doobie Brothers, Dropkick Murphys, Lupe Fiasco, Common, Brantley Gilbert, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and The Gaslight Anthem.
• Three-Day Tickets: $95 plus convenience fees provide access to all of the events from Thursday, Aug. 29 through Saturday, Aug. 31.
• Two-Day Tickets: $79 plus convenience fees provide access to any two days of the three-day party.
Tickets for the headlining performances, including Toby Keith (Aug. 29), Rock-n-Roll Hall-of-Famers Aerosmith (Aug. 30) and Kid Rock (Aug. 31) are also available. Tickets for Toby Keith begin at $20, while tickets for Aerosmith, who will be joined by Cheap Trick, as well as Kid Rock, begin at $24.50. Tickets can be purchased at www.h-d.com/110tickets.
Milwaukee-area lodging is still available, but selling out quickly. Fans interested in traveling to the City of Festivals can visit a new website launched by VISIT Milwaukee: www.VisitMilwaukee.org/h-d110. The site features information on hotels, camp grounds and house rentals where fans can crash for the weekend.
YOUR 110TH ANNIVERSARY INSTANT ACCESS
Fans can instantly connect to all of the 110th Anniversary action by downloading the official event mobile app, available for free at http://110.harley-davidson.com/en_US/events/milwaukee2013. The fully featured and jam-packed app is the official roadmap to all the fun, including a full event schedule, maps and artists section with details on all 60-plus bands performing at the Summerfest Grounds and Marcus Amphitheater. The app also includes a social media section where fans can see what others are capturing and saying about the event through photos and video.
MORE WAYS TO JOIN THE PARTY
• Cheer on the HOGS: The 110th Anniversary parade will begin at Miller Park at 10 a.m. and travel east on Wisconsin Avenue before ending at the Summerfest Grounds. A special pass is required to ride in the parade, but fans are invited to line Wisconsin Avenue to cheer on the riders.
• Get in on the Action at the Octagon: Area residents and visitors can witness one of the hardest-hitting live fights of the year – the UFC 164 Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday evening, Aug. 31. The action-packed card will feature more than 10 bouts, including a UFC Lightweight Championship challenge between the current champion Benson Henderson and Milwaukee native Anthony Pettis and a fight between two former UFC Heavyweight champions – Frank Mir and Josh Barnett. Tickets for the UFC Hometown Throwdown range from $60 to $400 before taxes and fees. Fans can use promotional code HD110 at http://www.ticketmaster.com to receive a 20 percent discount.
• Ride the 2014 Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, including the New Project RUSHMORE Bikes: Harley-Davidson Powertrain Operations in Menomonee Falls (W156 N9000 Pilgrim Rd.) will offer one of the first opportunities to demo the new 2014 motorcycles Thursday (Aug. 29) – Saturday (Aug. 31) 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., or take a free factory tour Thursday (Aug. 29) – Friday (Aug. 30) 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday (Aug. 31) 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The star of the new 2014 motorcycle line-up is not a single bike – rather eight new bikes under the banner Project RUSHMORE, the outcome of a new customer-driven product development effort, which Harley-Davidson implemented to re-engineer the world’s best-selling line of touring motorcycles.
• Go Behind the Scenes of Project RUSHMORE and more at the Harley-Davidson Museum: Project RUSHMORE takes center stage in a new special exhibit at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee that opens Saturday, Aug. 24. The exhibit, which showcases everything from concept development through testing, allows visitors an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look into Project RUSHMORE. Prototype parts, drawings, models and other original materials will give visitors insight into the design and engineering process.
Additionally, the Museum has a series of activities planned every day of the party, including bike shows, a JUMPSTART Rider Experience featuring 2014 motorcycles, a limited number of small wedding ceremony packages, custom culture artisans, outdoor concessions, live music and a special “After Dark” acoustic lounge experience Thursday-Saturday at 9 p.m. at Motor Bar & Restaurant. All outdoor activities, as well as the “After Dark” series are free and open to the public. Reservations are required for entry to the Museum, available exclusively at www.H-DMuseum.com.