Suzuki Endurance Racing Team took the top step at the Oschersleben 8-Hour World Endurance race, beating second-place finishers BMW Motorrad France by two laps at the checkers. Monster Energy YART finished an additional lap back in third.
SERT increased its points lead in the series to 13 over YART with the win. From the start, SERT led the way and was able to hold the front through the entire event. BMW Motorrad France had a similarly incident-free experience, maintaining steady pace throughout the race and moving into the top-10 in series points.
Bollinger Team Switzerland ended in fourth-place followed by Yamaha France GMT in fifth an Penz13.com Franks Autowelt in sixth.
Honda TT Legends rebounded after a dismal showing in the previous round, the Suzuka 8-Hour, where they place 22nd to finish ninth at Oschersleben. The team ran smooth through the initial stages, but ran into fueling issues mid-race and fell outside the top-10. They were able to battle back up the ranks through the remaining four hours and salvage valuable points which put them to 16th in the season standings.
The final round of the 2013 World Endurance Championship is set for September 21-22 at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France.
Oschersleben 8-Hour Results 2013:
1. SERT (Suzuki) 316 Laps
2. BMW Motorrad France (BMW) 314 Laps
3. Monster Energy YART (Yamaha) 313 Laps
4. Bollinger Team Switzerland (Kawasaki) 313 Laps
5. Yamaha France GMT (Yamaha) 309 Laps
6. Penz13.com Franks Autowelt (BMW) 308 Laps
7. Motors Events April Moto (Suzuki) 308 Laps
8. DGSPORT HEROCK (Yamaha) 306 Laps
9. Honda TT Legends (Honda) 305 Laps
10. AM Moto Racing Competition (Suzuki) 303 Laps
World Endurance Championship Points 2013:
1. SERT, 84
2. Monster Energy YART, 71
3. Yamaha France GMT, 60
4. Bollinger Switzerland, 44
5. Team R2CL, 44
6. SRC Kawasaki, 40
7. Musashi Honda, 35
8. Maco Racing Team, 30
9. Yoshimura Suzuki, 29
10. BMW Motorrad France, 29