Sure Sidecar Race 2 was delayed for over two hours due to wet spots at various points throughout the course. Once riders were released, Molyneux/Farrance quickly found themselves with a deficit on the leaders as Holden/Winkle built a gap on the field through the opening rotation. The Barnes Racing duo led Harrison/Aylott into Glen Helen on Lap 1 while Molyneux/Farrance settled into third, already almost five seconds adrift of the front runners. Holden/Winkle continued to press on through the lap, building their lead to more than 13 seconds by the time they passed the Grandstand the first time. By this point Molyneux/Farrance had passed Harrison/Aylott for second while further back, SMT’s Tim Reeves and Gregory Cluze were steady in fourth.
Gaps between the leaders increased on Lap 2, with Holden/Winkle stretching ahead by more than 16 seconds when passing Glen Helen the second time. Molyneux/Farrance were also spacing themselves further from Harrison/Aylott. Later in the lap, however, Holden/Winkle began to lose ground quickly owing to an apparent mechanical problem. This was the opening Molyneux/Farrance needed, and they were soon well within reach of the front, eventually taking the lead on the third and final lap.
Molyneux/Farrance continued without issue to the checkers, beating Harrison/Aylott by a sizable 43.9 seconds. Holden/Winkle were able to keep their machine going to cross the finish-line for a podium spot, not a moment too soon either as Reeves/Cluze were steadily closing in from fourth. TD Racing’s Karl Bennett and Lee Cain finished in fifth followed by PME Aerospace’s Alan Founds and Tom Peters. Greg Lambert Racing’s Gregory Lambert and Kenny Cole scored seventh ahead of Real Racing’s Wayne Lockey and Mark Sayers in eighth.
Isle of Man TT Sure Sidecare TT Race 2 Results 2014
1. Dave Molyneux/Patrick Farrance (DMR) 113.147 mph
2. Conrad Harrison/Mike Aylott (Shelbourne Honda) 111.784 mph
3. John Holden/Andrew Winkle (LCR) 110.691 mph
4. Tim Reeves/Gregory Cluze (DMR) 110.522 mph
5. Karl Bennett/Lee Cain (Kawasaki) 110.233 mph
6. Alan Founds/Tom Peters (LCR Suzuki) 107.700 mph
7. Gregory Lambert/Kenny Cole (GLR Honda) 107.458 mph
8. Wayne Lockey/Mark Sayers (Ireson Honda) 107.425 mph
9. John Saunders/Robert Lunt (Shelbourne) 106.602 mph
10. Robert Handcock/Basil Bevan (Baker) 106.475 mph