Hayes flew off the line to the early lead and never looked back. He built a sizable gap during the first half of the contest then managed his advantage to the checkers.
“This is a racetrack that has been very good to me,” said Hayes. “I’ve always enjoyed racing here. I’ve gotten some good results here. I guess it just suits me well to the style that I ride with. I have a lot of fun riding around here.”
Hayden maintained a good bit of space between himself and Beaubier, growing the distance as the race wore on, leaving Beaubier with no opportunity to challenge for the runner-up spot.
Hayden’s teammate, Jake Lewis, trailed the top Superstock 1000 rider Jake Gagne from fifth for a good portion of the event, making his move up to fourth in the final stages. Gagne takes top honors for his class earning a fifth overall result.
Danny Eslick crossed the line in fifth followed by Westby Racing’s Josh Day in sixth, giving Day the runner-up spot on the
Superstock 1000 podium. Yamah rider Mark Heckles finished in eighth and takes third in Superstock 1000.
Beaubier holds on to the Superbike points lead, with Hayes inching closer in second-place, now 16 points adrift of the leader. Lewis sits third followed by Hayden in fourth.
Gagne moves to the top of the Superstock 1000 points tally, six ahead of Taylor Knapp in second. Tyler O’Hara is third trailed by Heckles in fourth and Dustin Dominguez in fifth.
MotoAmerica VIR Superbike/Superstock 1000 Race 2 Results 2015
1. Josh Hayes (Yamaha) Superbike
2. Roger Hayden (Suzuki) Superbike
3. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha) Superbike
4. Jakes Lewis (Suzuki) Superbike
5. Jake Gagne (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
6. Danny Eslick (Honda) Superbike
7. Josh Day (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
8. Mark Heckles (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
9. Tyler O’Hara (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
10. Chris Ulrich (Suzuki) Superbike
11. Taylor Knapp (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
12. Stefano Mesa (Honda) Superbike
13. Elena Myers (Suzuki) Superbike
14. Barrett Long (Yamaha) Superstock 1000
15. Bernat Martinez (Yamaha) Superbike
MotoAmerica Superbike Championship Points 2015
1. Cameron Beaubier, 131
2. Josh Hayes, 115
3. Jake Lewis, 84
4. Roger Hayden, 68
5. Bernat Martinez, 67
6. Chris Ulrich, 54
7. Elena Myers, 53
8. Stefano Mesa, 28
9. Danny Eslick, 24
10. Mathew Orange, 15
MotoAmerica Superstock 1000 Championship Points 2015
1. Jake Gagne, 100
2. Taylor Knapp, 94
3. Tyler O’Hara, 90
4. Mark Heckles, 84
5. Dustin Dominguez, 75
6. Josh Day, 45
7. Barrett Long, 41
8. Devon McDonough, 41
9. Shane Narbonne, 29
10. Marcel Irnie, 25