Join Dime City-Ace Cafe at Barber Vintage Fest
Monday, September 16, 2013
For those who adore vintage British marques, who refuse to ride motorcycles without clip-ons, and go ton-up whenever the occasion allows, we wager you’re heading to Alabama for the 9th annual Barber Vintage Festival at Barber Motorsports Park Oct. 11-13. If you’re looking to take your festival experience to the next level, Dime City Cycles and the Ace Café have just the ticket. Jason at Dime City forwarded us information about the Ace Corner Barber, a special area set aside at this year’s show specifically for café racer and custom motorcycle enthusiasts.
They’ll be set up on Turn 17, prime viewing area for the races, and have a full slate of events scheduled, from a ride-in café racer bike show to a party Saturday night with live music and cold beer. They’ve also got a “Ride with the Rockers” planned Saturday with Mark Wilsmore of the Ace Cafe London scheduled to lead the procession. They’re setting up an Ace Corner Grill and will be serving up great pub-grub like fish & chips. And they’re claiming they have the only spot in Barber Motorsports Park where you can grab a cold beer or glass of wine. Fun stuff for all you vintage motorcycle buffs out there courtesy of the Dime City Cycles crew and Ace Café. Here’s more info courtesy of Jason Paul and DCC.
Ace Corner 2013 is right around the, well, corner!
It’s been two years now since our first cafe racer and custom motorcycle-themed area, Ace Corner Barber, put itself on the map. This year, we’ve ratcheted it up even more based on feedback given from the two previous years. Re-joining forces with our friends from across the pond, Ace Cafe, Iron & Air Magazine as well as The Barber Motorsports Park, we're bringing you the “event within the event” at this year’s 9th annual Barber Vintage Festival.
The weekend of October 12th join us to sit back, relax and watch the races from the best seat in the house (Turn 17) at the only place you can grab a cold beer or wine in the entire Barber Motorsports Park. Enter your bike in the custom motorcycle show and take in the sights and sounds, make a last minute entry to win the custom Triumph Bonneville Cafe Racer we built in partnership with Triumph Motorcycles, Iron & Air Magazine and Neale Bayly Rides and most important of all, visit with dozens of other builders and industry persons.
Built in partnership between Ace Cafe London, Dime City Cycles and powered by Iron & Air, Ace Corner Barber is an area dedicated to Cafe Racers and cool custom motorcycles, be they made of steel or flesh and bone. In short, Ace Corner Barber is a celebration of the timeless teeth chattering, soul shaking speed machines that hailed the streets of London in the ‘50s and ‘60s their riders and our modern interpretations of them. So come on in and hang with us for the weekend.
What do I need to know, how do I register and where's the beer?
Here’s the highlights to expect over the weekend:
- Ace Corner Grill, featuring “Fish & Chips”, tea, burgers & beverages, including beer & wine, available for purchase
- Dime City Cycles / Triumph Motorcycles, Iron & Air Magazine / Neale Bayly Rides Bonneville 2013 Cafe Racer giveaway along with other bikes, parts and swag on display
- Ride-in Cafe Racer Bike Show, register @ Ace Corner Fri/Sat
- Saturday night “Party at the Ace,” featuring the Cigar Store Indians and other special musical guests
- “Custom Bikes on display” featuring builders from Café Racer TV Show and the industry
- Iron & Air / Café Racer TV Media tent featuring interviews, Q&A & special guests
- Live Bike Build by: DOTHETON.com
- Ace Corner Vendor Row
- “Ride with the Rockers” – Saturday morning ride out led by Mark Wilsmore of Ace Cafe London
- Dedicated motorcycle parking inside the track for Cafe Racers and vintage customs (Parking for modern and other bikes right outside the gate)
Right about now you’re asking – “How do I get tickets to this mecca of all things fast, old and loud?” Well, it’s pretty easy, just follow this link
over to the Barber tickets page and purchase either an upgrade, if you already have general admission tickets for the festival, or a full pass which includes Ace Corner and general admission.
• If you're a custom bike builder or industry vendor and would like information on setting up a booth or sponsorship, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP spaces are almost all gone
• Pre-registration for the bike show is required, email email@example.com
a photo of your bike and a short description today as there's limited space available
Follow Bryan Harley on Google+