Shoei Helmets has released the all-new VFX-W off road helmet. The helmet replaces the Japanese manufacturers VFX-DT/MT series. Retail price for solid colors is: $399.99, and for graphics $529.99. Stay tuned for an in-depth review of Shoei’s sleek new lid.
Every VFX-W bears ample evidence of the hand-finished work that makes Shoei’s renown graphics and finish the envy of the industry.
The all-new VFX-W represents a breakthrough design for dirt riders. All of Shoei’s technical expertise comes together in the VFX-W to give riders unprecedented ventilation, superior protection and unsurpassed comfort, plus an innovative Emergency Quick Release System to boost rider safety. Clearly, no other helmet comes close to matching the next-generation Shoei VFX-W
- Shoei’s unique two-piece, dual-layer EPS liner allows Shoei engineers to fine-tune the stiffness of the EPS liner throughout the interior of the helmet to accommodate varying rider head sizes.
- The VFX-W EPS liner also incorporates special channels that route cooling air through the helmet interior for unprecedented ventilation efficiency.
- An innovative Emergency Quick Release System allows quick and easy removal of cheek pads to speed helmet removal by emergency medical personnel if necessary.
- Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the chin bar for added rider safety.
- The VFX-W affords superior Snell M2005 protection via a strong yet lightweight AIM+ shell that combines high-performance organic fibers plus fiberglass in a complex matrix.
- Four shell sizes and five liner sizes are used in combination to yield appropriate fitment and sizing to suit a remarkably wide range of riders.
- All interior pads, including cheek pads, center pad and chin strap covers are removable and washable, and can be replaced with optional pads for custom fitting.
- 3-D Max-Dry system easily absorbs and quickly dissipates moisture twice as rapidly as standard nylon for a cooler, drier ride.
- Air intake vents in the forehead, center and visor areas, plus V-shaped ventilation ports in the top and rear areas connect to air passageways inside the EPS liner. Warm, moist air is then ducted out of the helmet via an exhaust port in the bottom rear of the helmet for unmatched ventilation.
- A larger eye port and goggle-strap retention system add to the wealth of performance-related features found in the VFX-W.
- The VFX-W also features a ventilated mouthpiece with a protective, reinforced mesh screen plus a removable/washable filter.
- Every VFX-W bears ample evidence of the hand-finished work that makes Shoei’s renown graphics and finish the envy of the industry.
*Shoei helmets are covered under a limited warranty for five years from purchase date or seven years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.