Ian Hutchinson marked his fastest ever lap at the Isle, with a 130.165mph turn of the mountain course during Thursday practice.
Thursday practice at the 2010 Isle of Man TT
proved a positive one for Padgetts Honda
rider Ian Hutchinson. The three-time TT winner turned his fastest ever lap at the circuit, circling the mountain course on his Superbike machinery at 130.165mph. The English rider’s previous best at the Isle was 129.746mph.
Official IOMTT press releases indicate good weather greeted competitors for Thursday practice, though a lack of breeze means flies are proving problematic (look closely at the photo of Hutchinson if you doubt it). Imagine how many of the little buggers get plastered on a faceshield while riding at an average of 130mph!
Hutchinson set his fastest lap on his second pass and was followed on the Superbike timing sheets by McAdoo Kawasaki’s Conor Cummins and Relentless Suzuki’s Cameron Donald. Scotsman Keith Amor was fourth-fastest on his HM Plant Honda with fellow CBR pilot Michael Rutter rounding out the top five. As for yesterday’s fastest rider, HM Plant Honda’s John McGuinness lagged behind in seventh with a 125.113 mph time. Kiwi Bruce Anstey, another rider familiar with the TT rostrum was also decidedly off the leader’s time, way down with a 121.166.
In Supersport Amor was fastest aboard the Kojak Honda CBR600RR followed by fellow Honda men, Hutchinson (Padgetts) and Guy Martin (Wilson Craig). Kawasaki’s Farquhar was fourth-fastest and McGuinness fifth with the Padgetts Honda.
Rutter proved fastest in Superstock aboard the Batham’s Honda at 127.564, with Michael Dunlop second-fastest at 127.111mph. Cummins was third-fastest, with fellow Kawasaki
pilot Mark Buckley fourth and TT veteran Adrian Archibald fifth-fastest aboard a Suzuki
. None matched the STK pace of Farquhar yesterday, who went 128.076mph on the Kawasaki. The Irish rider did not appear to take out his Superstock on Thursday, nor did the BMW
-mounted Amor, who was second-fastest on the Beemer Wednesday at 127.525mph.
In the Sidecar class once again the Kawasaki duo of Dave Molyneux and Patrick Farrance set the pace
The IOMTT press site announced that the sidecar team of Nigel Mayers and Josesph Shardlow “were involved in an incident at Kates Cottage” with Shardlow taken to the hospital via airmed.
Isle of Man Superbike Thursday Practice:
1. Ian Hutchinson (Honda) 130.165mph
2. Conor Cummins (Kawasaki) – 128.838mph
3. Cameron Donald (Suzuki) 128.836mph
4. Keith Amor (Honda) 128.691mph
5. Michael Rutter (Honda) 127.564mph
6. Michael Dunlop (Honda) 127.946mph
7. Ian Lougher (Kawasaki) 125.670mph
8. John McGuinness (Honda) 125.113mph
9. Ryan Farquhar (Kawasaki) 125.049mph
10. Gary Johnson (Suzuki) 125.009mph
Isle of Man Supersport Thursday Practice:
1. Keith Amor (Honda) 124.797mph
2. Ian Hutchinson (Honda) 124.685mph
3. Guy Martin (Honda) 123.902mph
4. Ryan Farquhar (Kawasaki) 122.818mph
5. John McGuinness (Honda) 121.172mph
6. Ian Lougher (Kawasaki) 120.663mph
7. Derek Brien (Yamaha) 120.377mph
8. Daniel Stewart (Honda) 119.571mph
9. William Dunlop (Yamaha) 119.284mph
10. Ben Wylie (Yamaha) 119.182mph
Isle of Man Superstock Thursday Practice:
1. Michael Rutter (Honda) 127.564mph
2. Michael Dunlop (Honda) 127.111mph
3. Conor Cummins (Kawasaki) 124.924mph
4. Mark Buckley (Kawasaki) 124.319mph
5. Adrian Archibald (Suzuki) 124.232mph
6. Steve Mercer (Yamaha) 124.156mph
7. Gary Johnson (Suzuki) 123.468mph
8. Dan Kneen (Suzuki) 122.119mph
9. James McBride (Yamaha) 122.080mph
10. Ian Mackman (Suzuki) 121.891mph
Isle of Man Sidecar Thursday Practice:
1. Dave Molyneux/Patrick Farrance (Kawasaki) 115.464mph
2. Klaus Klaffenbock/Dan Sayle (Honda) 114.096mph
3. Simon Neary/Paul Knapton (Honda) 113.172mph
4. Conrad Harrison/Kerry Williams (Honda) 111.962mph
5. John Holden/Andy Winkle (Suzuki) 111.710mph