Freegun Underwear is set to back the Women's class at the EnduroCross finals in Las Vegas on November 19th.
The top women off road motorcycle racers will be back with their own class for the GEICO AMA EnduroCross finals at the Orleans Arena on Saturday, November 19th. The female riders were a hit on live TV during X Games 17 and the YouTube highlights video has over 1,700,000 views. So Freegun Underwear stepped up to provide a purse for the ladies and the top riders have been invited to participate.
Eric Peronnard, the creator of EnduroCross, commented on the response that the women’s class got during the X Games. “The women’s class was unreal. We tried it a second time in Everett, Washington, at the second round of the series, and the result was the same: People on their feet, standing ovations, awesome response. The public just loves it. It also doesn’t hurt with Maria Forsberg being in Rolling Stone magazine. For the few critics who did not appreciate the courage of the female racers, I would just challenge them to get a bike and enter an amateur EnduroCross. I guarantee they would show respect after that!”
Finally, when I met the people from Freegun Underwear I was so stoked to see them; so excited about their project!
A big thanks to them for being on the same page and helping our Women’s class!
2011 Las Vegas EnduroCross Freegun Underwear Women’s Invitational – Invited riders:
• Maria Forsberg – X Games Enduro X Women’s class winner, Multi time GNCC and WORCS Women’s Champion
• Tara Geiger – Third in 2010 and 2011 WMA Motocross Championship and X Games Enduro X Women’s silver medalist
• Kacy Martinez – Multi time Women’s WORCS Champion and X Games Enduro X Women’s bronze medalist
• Mandy Mastin - Multi time International Six Days Enduro medal winner and 8 time Enduro champion
• Sarah Whitmore – Top women’s MX racer and RacerX columnist
• Nicole Bradford – Multi time ISDE competitor and medal winner that has also competed in Trials
• Louise Forsley – Multi time Women’s Trials Champion and first female to win a qualifier for an EnduroCross Amateur main event
• Rachael Gutish – Fifteen year old rider that competes in GNCC and raced in the TrialsCross Class on her KTM 105 motocross bike at the Indianapolis EnduroCross
• Nicole Madsen – Top women’s motocross competitor
• Elizabeth Bash – Top WMA racer and 2011 X Games Enduro X Women’s competitor
• Ashley Crouch – Top female off road racer and 2011 X Games Enduro X Women’s competitor
• Sara Price – WMX rookie of the year in 2009 and 2010 X Games Women’s Moto X bronze medalist
Like all EnduroCross events, you can count on a lot of activity at the Orleans Arena all day on Saturday, November 19th. The pits are open free all day to meet the top riders (including the ladies) and check out their bikes up close. The arena is also open for free during the daytime qualifiers that start on Saturday morning as well as for the Expert practice and Hot Laps that take place during the midafternoon.
Tickets are available at www.orleansarena.com/event-calendar/endurocross
Freegun is the number one underwear brand in Europe selling hundreds of thousands of their top quality men’s and ladies underwear. Kids all over the world are embracing the Freegun spirit by showing off their new colors and styles with whatever they’re doing. Freegun is now in America. Based out of Los Angeles, the headquarters of Freegun is ready to invade the country with 14 different styles for men, 11 styles for women and boys.. Are you ready for it? From motocross GP stars to MotoGP riders to skateboarders, FMX, BMX, surfing and beyond, we have what you need to stay comfy when you’re out there working up a sweat. Not into those things? That’s ok, we’re here to let you just look sharp. www.freegun-underwear.com
2011 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Schedule
Location Date Arena / Additional Information
Las Vegas, NV November 19, 2011 Orleans Arena (Double Main event)
EnduroCross tracks incorporate various elements of extreme off road racing into a supercross-style setting, including rocks, boulders, logs, sand, mud, a water-hole…and even a few special obstacles like giant tires thrown in! Known as the “toughest racing on two wheels,” this indoor off road racing will certainly keep you on your feet. Don’t miss your chance to see GEICO AMA EnduroCross “Live”. ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC will combine to telecast 25 hours of live X Games 17 competition, which will include Enduro X. For the six remaining EnduroCross events, be sure to log-on to www.motorsportshour.com
for local air dates/times for the Lucas Motorsports Hour on the Versus network.