KTM Riders Mike Brown and Justin Soule took the top two spots with Nathan Woods on the Suzuki finishing third.
KTM claimed the top two podium positions during the second round of the 2009 WORCS championship, in Adelanto, California. Mike Brown took the win followed by Justin Soule, who finished just under seven seconds behind. Suzuki’s Nathan Woods claimed the final rostrum position, over a minute back of Brown.
Honda riders Tim Weigand and Bobby Bonds rounded out the top 5 at Adelanto. Meanwhile Round 1 winner, Kawasaki’srider Ricky Dietrich, finished well off the top pace in 24th – a full three minutes behind the leader.
Brown’s victory pushes the Tennessee rider into first-place in the title chase at 46 points. Woods is second overall at 42, with Bonds third at 41. Dietrich’s poor finish drops the Kawi man down to sixth at 31.
Check out a video of the race from WORCS Racing: Fastest 5 minutes in Motorsports from Round 2 (Adelanto, Ca)
Adelanto WORCS Results:
Mike Brown fighting the challanging Adelanto course.
1. Mike Brown - KTM 02:07:14.3
2. Justin Soule - KTM 02:07:21.0
3. Nathan Woods - SUZ 02:08:19.5
4. Tim Weigand - HON 02:08:56.8
5. Bobby Bonds - HON 02:09:13.2
6. Brenden Ritzman - KTM 02:11:40.4
7. Bobby Garrison - HON 02:11:46.2
8. Damon Huffman - KAW 02:11:57.7
9. Joshua Strang - SUZ 02:12:33.6
10. Taylor Robert - KAW 02:13:34.6
11. Kevin Rookstool - HSQ 02:13:49.5
12. Gavin Gracyk - KAW 02:14:12.9
13. Robby Bell - KAW 02:14:13.8
14. Destry Abbott - KAW 02:15:34.0
15. Ryan Orr - SUZ 02:16:58.6
24. Ricky Dietrich – KAW 2:10:44.7