Competition between beer girls is fierce, so it pays to get creative. Cold beer anyone?
1. A 'Cow-asaki.' Gator, a Daytona local, gets the nod for most unique bike of the day. Cow bones, Cow hide, Cow-asaki. Gator got all his 'aftermarket' parts in Louisiana after Hurricane Rita. He says she's one mad cow, and the baddest Cow-asaki around.
2. Funniest T-Shirt - "Please tell your boobs to stop staring at my eyes."
3. Best Regional Dish - Deep Fried Mac & Cheese. I can feel my arteries clogging with every bite.
4. Baddest Bar Stool - I had heard the rumors, but I hadn't seen one until Bike Week. The 2007 Boss Hoss Bar Stool has a 350 cubic-inch engine with a hydrostatic drive system. Yours for only $13K.
5. The Oldest Bike in the World - In the window of Froggy's Saloon sits a motorcycle built entirely from bones that is piloted by a beer drinking armadillo. It is said to have been excavated during an archaeological expedition in the boggy swamps near Daytona Beach 2,234 B.H.D. (Before Harley-Davidson). MSRP - $100,000. Antiques aren't cheap, you know.
Cow Bones, Cow Hide, Cow-asaki. Daytona native Gator created his one-off custom with bones salvaged from the aftermath of Hurricane Rita.
6. Best Beer Girl Bikini - A busty brunette with white daisies affixed to her bosoms was bringing 'em in like bees to honey.
7. Best Sign by a Streetperson - "Bikeless - Please Help" Of course, the guy had a $100 pair of sunglasses around his neck, a spendy leather backpack and a smile on his face.
8. Coolest UTV - Saw a 500cc ATV decked out with a Camoplast Tatou 4-S track system. It's the closest you can get to owning your own tank. Motorcycle USA is doing ATV reviews now. How about it JC, should we hit them up for a set to test?
9. Dumbest Habit - Smoking while riding your motorcycle. Can't tell you how many idiots I've seen with a stogie lit up while cruising down A1A. Of course, the riders I've noticed puffing while riding didn't have a helmet on either. Somebody lied to you guys - you don't look cool.
10. Most Peculiar Parking Habit - Backing cars into parking spaces. Don't know why, but it seems like the thing to do in Daytona. Maybe it's a Florida thing, I'm not sure, but more people than not do it here. Perhaps they think they're still on their motorcycle.
Gotta love Bike Week! Wonder what I'll see tomorrow.