Yamaha’s Josh Hayes did the double in New Jersey winning both American Superbike races.
Yamaha’s Josh Hayes did the double in New Jersey winning his second American Superbike race of the weekend over Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Mat Mladin and Jordan Suzuki’s Aaron Yates. This weekend's race marked the end of the 2009 AMA Pro Road Racing series and the last time Mladin will ever race a motorcycle.
Like yesterday’s race, Mladin and Hayes battled it out for much of the race before succumbing to pressure from Hayes. A few laps later the other Rockstar Suzuki piloted by Tommy Hayden got by him as well. Hayden then set his targets on Hayes eventually catching and passing him but then promptly crashed when his Suzuki GSX-R1000's front tire lost traction.
As the laps wound down Yates got by Mladin but he would reclaim the position on the last lap. Fourth would go to Pegram Racing’s Larry Pegram aboard a Ducati 1098R motorcycle. Next would be the Corona Honda of Neil Hodgson, who also might not be racing in America anymore.
American Superbike Race 2 Results:
1. Josh Hayes, Yamaha YZF-R1
2. Mat Mladin, Suzuki GSX-R1000
3. Aaron Yates, Suzuki GSX-R1000
4. Larry Pegram, Ducati 1098R
5. Neil Hodgson, Honda CBR1000RR
6. Jake Holden, Honda CBR1000RR
7. Cory West, Buell 1125R
8. Damian Cudlin, Suzuki GSX-R1000
9. Blake Young, Suzuki GSX-R1000
10. Geoff May, Suzuki GSX-R1000
11. Scott Charlton, Suzuki GSX-R1000
12. Taylor Knapp, Buell 1125R
13. Chris Ulrich, Suzuki GSX-R1000
14. Ricky Corey, Suzuki GSX-R1000
15. Scott Jensen, Suzuki GSX-R1000