Harley and the UFC are teaming up for Hometown Throwdown III where one lucky person will win a new Dark Custom Harley-Davidson motorcycle and the chance to host a big UFC party in their hometown with all their friends.
Harley-Davidson and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) launched a new contest at UFC 177 sure to make one fan an instant hometown hero. The Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown III event puts one lucky fan and their city in the spotlight; the two iconic brands will roll into the winner’s home town with the ultimate prize package – a UFC fight and tailgate party topped off with custom Harleys, live music, Octagon Girls and more.
The contest, running through Dec. 31, 2014, kicks off with a bang Aug. 30 at UFC 177 in Sacramento, where Harley-Davidson will award a custom Harley-Davidson cruiser from their 2015 motorcycle lineup launched earlier this week to each of the five winning fighters on the main card, giving the fighters a reason to fight even harder.
“We want fans and fighters to know that when Harley-Davidson and UFC come together something big is about to happen,” said Dino Bernacchi, U.S. Marketing Director at Harley-Davidson. “We are raising the stakes for UFC 177 by giving each bout winner a new motorcycle, and we’re also bringing back for the third year a fan favorite – the Hometown Throwdown event – which proves to be a once-in-a-lifetime way to experience the world’s best fighters and the only motorcycle brand worthy of being in the Octagon.”
Fans can clinch the chance to host what could be the most street-rumbling, all-out bash their town has ever seen by explaining why their city should be the next location for the 2015 Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown event and how they would be the ultimate host at www.h-d.com/UFC
In addition to the opportunity to play host for the 2015 Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown, the winner also will:
• Learn to ride Vegas-style with a five-day/four-night trip for four to Las Vegas in March where they’ll train with professional UFC fighters at the Harley-Davidson Riding Academy and be cheered on by – and hang out with – the famous Octagon Girls.
• Receive the ride of a lifetime with their choice of one customized 2015 Harley-Davidson Dark Custom motorcycle (www.h-d.com/darkcustom
• Be the hometown hero by hosting a weekend experience in their hometown, including behind-the-scenes access at the Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown event and exclusive time with the fighters.
• Lead the pack with a UFC entourage during the parade-style group motorcycle ride through the streets of their hometown to the fight location.
• Plan the Party with Harley-Davidson and UFC, including the ride and the tailgate party entertainment.
Fans can learn more about the contest and submit their entries by visiting www.h-d.com/UFC
through December 31, 2014.