Cobra Engineering has a list of aftermarket accessories for Honda's VT1300 line like these highway bars.
announced the release of its new accessory line for the Honda VT1300
model group. This latest selection of products combines the functionality and style that make Cobra cruiser products unique. Along with the accessory line, Cobra also unveiled a new set of slip-on mufflers
that boast a high-end feature set with a low price point.
With the addition of the new light bar, riders will be able to light up the night. Featuring bright spots with a bezel that matches the shape of the stock head light. The turn signals are integrated into the ends of the chromed steel, V-shaped bar.
Putting a freeway bar on a cruiser is as natural as a teen texting 20,000 messages a month. Nothing could be easier. The Cobra freeway bars for the new VT1300s prove the point. Bent from 1.25-inch steel (or 1.5-inches on the Fatty version), this bar follows the classic freeway bar bend attaching to the frame. It offers a bit of proctection in the event of an unintentional tip over. Like all Cobra accessories and exhausts it’s made in the U.S.A.
Along the same lines, the Cobra sissy bars and optional racks for the Sabre and Statelines are a natural for riders to install. The bars are available in round or rectangular. The round bars have a larger ergonomic curved pad, while the pads on the square bars follow the shape of the bar itself. Cobra offers an optional large pad for the rectangular bars as well. The sissy bars come with everything necessary to mount including the mounting brackets, bar and pad. And for this application, the side mounts attach to a special Cobra bracket that attaches to the subframe beneath the fender. This means Cobra products can be mounted without having to drill holes through the fenders.
These latest 3-inch slip-on mufflers sell for $299.95: That’s a lower price and more features than anything on the market. They increase horsepower by 3-5 hp over stock and increase torque by more than 5 lb-ft over the stock system. And they manage to do this without sounding so loud your neighbors want to call the authorities. They mount to the stock head pipes for a quick/easy installation.
Here is a rundown of key features for the 3-inch slip-on muffler bodies:
• Slash-cut, chromed billet tips that can be rotated into three different positions
• 2-inch constant velocity power baffles for best sound and performance
• Exclusive bonded e-glass sleeve with stainless steel mesh
• Precision laser cut mounting brackets
• Stainless steel clamps
• Made in the U.S.A.
PowrFlo Air Intake System
Previously Cobra introduced this bolt-on air intake system to replace the entire stock air intake, giving a custom look with an aerodynamic style and improved performance because of its better air flow.
“A lot of people will want to install this unit simply because it looks better than a lot of stock units,” said Tim McCool, President of Cobra Engineering. “But they’ll be getting a lot more than a stylish upgrade. With our PowrFlo Air Intake System riders will find their bikes will have gained improved performance across the power band, especially when used with the Fi2000R digital fuel tuner to optimize the air/fuel ratio,” he added.
With this new product, Cobra Engineering now offers a full-circle solution to performance gains for VT1300 riders. Improved air-flow with the PowrFlo on the intake side; optimized fuel solutions with the Fi2000R digital fuel tuner, and improved exhaust performance with its full line of exhaust systems. McCool explained, “Riders now have a one-stop shop for bolt-on performance. And it all comes with the same Cobra style and quality they’ve come to expect.”
Some of the features of the PowrFlo Air Intake system are:
• Unique internal venturi design creates powerful air flow
• High-flow K&N Air Filter element ensures the best air intake and maximum protection for the engine
• The PowrFlo system consists of an aluminum cover and all the fasteners, seals, backing plate and mounting hardware to make for an easy installation
• Formed stainless steel mesh insert in the dual entry ports keeps out bugs and debris
• Powder coated mounting cover neatly finishes off the back side
• Aluminum cover available in black or chrome finish
• We recommend using the Fi2000R fuel tuner to optimize the bike’s fuel because of the additional air flow available from the PowrFlo Air Intake system