Input from numerous law enforement agencies helped inform the design of the Zero DS Police Motorcycle.
Zero Motorcycles has announced the release of a new version of the 2012 Zero DS designed specifically for police and security agencies. The Zero DS Police Motorcycle was produced in response to the increased interest shown by law enforcement agencies around the world that are looking to explore more environmentally friendly vehicles.
Many agencies have been testing with Zero’s product line over the past two years, including the Santa Cruz Police Department, Scotts Valley Police Department, Sebastopol Police Department and the London Metropolitan Police. Zero has received feedback from these agencies and others as the company looks to expand one of its fastest growing markets.
“We are honored to have the support of so many different police and law enforcement agencies. During the process of building out the 2012 Zero DS Police Motorcycle, we worked closely with police officers and suppliers to ensure that our final product met the demands of enforcement agencies. Police officers put their lives on the line every day to protect and serve, so our goal was to give them all the tools necessary to allow them to be successful. The resulting Zero DS Police Motorcycle opens up new patrolling possibilities,” said Mark Cummings, Manager of Fleet Sales, Zero Motorcycles.
The Zero DS Police Motorcycle offers a claimed top speed of 80mph, the company touting its design's instant torque, no shifting, no noise and no exhaust. Other favorable attributes claimed by Zero for its use as a police vehicle are its light weight and low heat emissions. The Z-Force power pack is rated to 3,000 complete charge cycles before hitting 80% capacity.
2012 Zero Police Base Model
2012 Zero DS Police Motorcycle has been over the past two years by a number of different law enforcement agencies.
• 2012 Zero DS
• Whelen LINZ 6 forward facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
• Whelen LINZ 6 front facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
• Whelen LINZ 6 rear facing LEDs (Red/Blue or Amber)
• Emergency lighting harness
• Programmable Whelen siren system
• Front battery/frame protection bars
• 4-way emergency flasher system
• Head light/tail light cut switch
• Rear top load 21 lt. hard cases with mounts
• Detachable windshield
• Quick charge kit
• Upgrade siren with plug-in PS microphone
• White or gloss black hard case covers/lids
• Auxiliary rear LED brake/tail light with license plate
• Aluminum hand guards with spoilers
• Front axle sliders