National Guard American SuperBike Practice
Josh Hayes posted the top time in practice at Miller.
Monster Energy Yamaha’s Josh Hayes topped the American SuperBike timesheet as AMA Pro Racing action got underway at Miller Motorsports Park..
Hayes led a trio of Suzuiis for the provisional pole position. Roger Hayden and Jordan Suzuki teammate Ben Bostrom placed a respective second and third on the timsheet. Meanwhile Hayes' title foe, Blake Young, was fourth-fastest on the Yoshimura Suzuki.
Larry Pegram leads provisional Row 2 aboard the Foremost Racing BMW ahead of the Erik Buell Racing duo of Geoff May and Danny Eslick. Hayes's Monster Energy Yamaha teammate, Josh Herrin, was ninth on the Saturday times.
"It was very, very windy. It was a very tough session," said Hayes on the opening of ASB action at Miller. "I came in with six or eight minutes to go and the guys asked if I wanted another tire and I said, 'Only if you want the bike in weeds; I'm not going any faster than that.'"
2012 American SuperBike Saturday Miller:
1. Josh Hayes (Yamaha) 1:51.046
2. Roger Hayden (Suzuki) 1:51.514
3. Ben Bostrom (Suzuki) 1:51.954
4. Blake Young (Suzuki) 1:52.013
5. Larry Pegram (BMW) 1:52.698
6. Geoff May (EBR) 1:52.741
7. Danny Eslick (EBR) 1:53.023
8. David Anthony (Suzuki) 1:53.400
9. Josh Herrin (Yamaha) 1:53.824
10. Chris Clark (Suzuki) 1:53.903
Go Pro Daytona SportBike Practice
Geico Suzuki’s Martin Cardenas snared provisional pole in the Daytona SportBike Saturday qualifying session. The 2010 DSB champ took the top position ahead of Triumph’s Jason DiSalvo and Yamaha's Cameron Beaubier. DucShop Ducati's Jake Zemke rounds out the provisional front row.
Zemke edged out fellow AMA veteran Tommy Hayden, with the eldest of the Owensboro racing clan fifth-fastest on the Graves Yamaha. Hayden bested the fastest rider from the DSB practice session, Benny Solis, who makes his debut with the Triple Crown Industries Yamaha in sixth. Fellow R6 rider JD Beach was seventh-fastest followed by M4 Suzuki's Dane Westby.
Tommy Aquino returned to US racing at Miller with a ninth-fastest result on the SGA Racing/YCRS Yamaha. Joey Pascarella currently sits 15th on the grid, more than three seconds back from the leader, as he looks to get up to speed on his new Vesrah Suzuki mount.
2012 Daytona SportBike Saturday Miller:
1. Martin Cardenas (Suzuki) 1:56.522
2. Jason DiSalvo (Triumph) 1:56.536
3. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha) 1:56.930
4. Jake Zemke (Ducati) 1:57.188
5. Tommy Hayden (Yamaha) 1:57.292
6. Benny Solis (Yamaha) 1:57.694
7. JD Beach (Yamaha) 1:57.808
8. Dane Westby (Suzuki) 1:57.881
9. Tommy Aquino (Yamaha) 1:58.841
10. Bobby Fong (Yamaha) 1:59.033
Road Race Factory team rider Hayden Gillim took control of the Motorcycle-Superstore.com
SuperSport class at Miller Motorsports Park on Saturday. The Yamaha pilot broke the two minute mark, along with reigning SuperSport champ James Rispoli, who was second-fastest, and Dustin Dominguez in third. Suzuki rider Yan Matter rounds out the provisional front row.
2012 AMA SuperSport Saturday Miller:
1. Hayden Gillim (Yamaha) 1:59.002
2. James Rispoli (Suzuki) 1:59.326
3. Dustin Dominguez (Triumph) 1:59.352
4. Ryan Matter (Suzuki) 2:00.138
5. Sebastiao Ferreira (Yamaha) 2:00.244
6. Corey Alexander (Suzuki) 2:00.306
7. Tomas Puerta (Yamaha) 2:00.334
8. Zach Herrin (Yamaha) 2:00.511
9. Jake Lewis (Suzuki) 2:00.747
10. Stefano Mesa (Yamaha) 2:01.265
After a wet morning session, the Harley boys saw the usual suspects fighting for pole position in the XR1200 class. Tyler O'Hara took provisional pole, ahead of Bartels Harley-Davidson teammate Michael Barnes. The other man in the three-rider fight for the XR crown, Kyle Wyman, was third-fastest on Saturday. Shane Norbonne, fastest in the morning wet session, ended the day sixth on the timesheet. Gerry Signorelli and David Estok took a respective fourth and fifth.
2012 XR1200 Saturday Miller:
1. Tyler OHara (Harley-Davidson) 2:10.281
2. Michael Barnes (Harley-Davidson) 2:10.455
3. Kyle Wyman (Harley-Davidson) 2:10.940
4. Gerry Signorelli (Harley-Davidson) 2:12.099
5. David Estok (Harley-Davidson) 2:13.513
6. Shane Narbonne (Harley-Davidson) 2:13.538
7. Darren James (Harley-Davidson) 2:13.928
8. Josh Chisum (Harley-Davidson) 2:14.268
9. Michael Corbino (Harley-Davidson) 2:15.356
10. Nicholas Hansen (Harley-Davidson) 2:18.413