Road Rage?

Posted at 7/22/2013 2:19:15 PM

budoka

budoka Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

Road Rage?

Check out this video. Guy driving down the superslabe with his video camera roling. A guy on a bike passes him and the cage driver flips out and rams him from behind. At the time just before the carr hits the bike, you'd almost thing the biker is teh wrong doer...almost. Talk about being stupid.
hyperlink

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 7/22/2013 4:09:06 PM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Wow. That could have been bad. You just can't play with cages like that. Car v bike - car is gonna win, every time. It's just not worth it man. SO what if the rider gets up and beats the tar out of the cage driver? Now he goes to jail. Just bad all the way around.

You have to keep your cool out there and be at least 2 moves ahead at all times. It has saved my butt more than a couple of times already.

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 7/22/2013 4:42:57 PM

mdgeorge

Profile Photo mdgeorge

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2014 Fat Boy - FLSTF

It looks to me like the bike slowed down. Looking at the side railing, the car does not seem to change speed.
It would be stupid to film yourself intentionally hit a bike.
You can see the bike's tail rise up as it would if he slowed down.
Whatever it was, that biker is really lucky.

Posted at 7/22/2013 8:00:16 PM

skyhawk04kilo

Profile Photo skyhawk04kilo

• Motorcycle Rider

The biker was definitely messing with the car driver, not the other way around. Pretty stupid to brake check a car on a freeway when you're on two wheels. :no:

Posted at 7/23/2013 6:00:32 AM

Racer1

Profile Photo Racer1

• Motorcycle Rider

I have no idea what the rider was doing. My best guess is that he passed the car on the right and felt aggrieved (for some reason) that the guy hadn't pulled into the slow lane. Hence his look - that actually said nothing apart from to indicate aggression and irritation.

He then aggressively cut in front of the car, braked once and sped off, then clearly braked hard a second time and the driver hit him. If there was any road rage involved it came from the rider.

The driver is not blameless - he should have realized the rider was being erratic and he should have slowed way down behind him, leaving a big gap and probably have switched lanes at that point too.

This was an unnecessary and totally pointless collision caused by idiots - period!

Posted at 7/23/2013 9:01:01 AM

Easy Rider

Profile Photo Easy Rider

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2010 Vulcan 900 Custom

Racer1 said:This was an unnecessary and totally pointless collision caused by idiots - period!

My assumption is that the cage driver was being an asshole by camping in the left lane......which is illegal in many (most?) states now, regardless of the speed. If that's the case, I say it is good that he got the ticket.
Then further demonstrating his complete lack of brain cells, he takes his sweet time getting out of the car and THEN checks his car before going down to help the crashed rider.

The biker was just being stupid and he paid the price.

I must admit that I have on occasion made a "point" to left lane hogs......while in my car and on a stretch of road where nobody else was around.......but never on a bike.

About 6 months ago I actually saw a trooper pull up behind a car in the left lane with lights and siren blaring......and the numb nut still refused to pull over. After about 30 seconds he went around. Hope he noted the license number for a later visit.

Edited by Easy Rider at 7/23/2013 9:01:27 AM

Don't believe EVERYTHING that you think.
--------------------
My bike:
'10 Kaw Vulcan 900 Custom

Posted at 7/23/2013 9:11:25 AM

Racer1

Profile Photo Racer1

• Motorcycle Rider

Easy Rider said:
Then further demonstrating his complete lack of brain cells, he takes his sweet time getting out of the car and THEN checks his car before going down to help the crashed rider.

Yea, I forgot to mention this.... WTF?! There's a guy on the ground and the driver slowly saunters out and checks his car like it's some minor fender bender with just vehicle damage - a true a'hole.

I'm sure the car was stuck in the left lane - I see it all the time here (in the states). Worst of all is the two lane roads in Virginia where two cars will go side by side, at below the speed limit, for miles! These rolling road blocks are so common down there that I just take a deep breath, adjust the tunes and don't let it bother me.

In Europe lane discipline is taken much more seriously and the fast lane is known as the overtaking lane to help drive home the point.

None of this excuses the rider for braking like that and essentially causing the accident - these two probably deserved each other.

Posted at 7/23/2013 10:45:02 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

The rider was an idiot plain and simple; there was tons of open space on that freeway to disappear into the distance if he felt the car driver was slowing his progress.

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 7/27/2013 1:25:42 PM

Michael D

Profile Photo Michael D

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2007 Interceptor 800

The rider should have avoided this by moving on after passing the cage no matter the circumstances. But the driver getting out and looking at his car shows what a self absorbed ass he is by not being concerned with the well being of the rider. I agree with Racer they kinda deserve each other.

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 9 posts in this thread.