2014 Indian Chieftain First Ride

Posted at 4/29/2014 8:46:24 AM

redcloud

redcloud Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Newbie

ordered

I road the new chieftain last week and loved it and ordered one the next day. As for the cost its in line with Harley "I have two of them" and to be honest the Indian Chieftain is equal to Harleys CVO's.
With that being said the price is actually better than Harley. The 2013 road glide CVO (comparable to Chieftain)was over $30 thousand.

As for the price being out of control "I think not" these bikes are made in America and by American workers (you will never see anything but in my garage) and they are paid a good American wage. Now I don't know what Triumphs or BMW pay their workers but I bet its a lot more than the others pay. I'm sure they cost more also "just my opinion" because these country's have a higher pay scale than in Japan.

Also I will say I'm not a doctor or lawyer I was a construction worker and I'm sure you will find a lot of people like myself riding the new Indians just like with Harley. I've been to many rallies and you never know who is riding next to you "I just had to put that out there".

Posted at 4/30/2014 12:35:59 PM

Hexford

Profile Photo Hexford

• Motorcycle Rider

redcloud said:I road the new chieftain last week and loved it and ordered one the next day. As for the cost its in line with Harley "I have two of them" and to be honest the Indian Chieftain is equal to Harleys CVO's.
With that being said the price is actually better than Harley. The 2013 road glide CVO (comparable to Chieftain)was over $30 thousand.

As for the price being out of control "I think not" these bikes are made in America and by American workers (you will never see anything but in my garage) and they are paid a good American wage. Now I don't know what Triumphs or BMW pay their workers but I bet its a lot more than the others pay. I'm sure they cost more also "just my opinion" because these country's have a higher pay scale than in Japan.

Also I will say I'm not a doctor or lawyer I was a construction worker and I'm sure you will find a lot of people like myself riding the new Indians just like with Harley. I've been to many rallies and you never know who is riding next to you "I just had to put that out there".

Welcome to the forum, couple of questions. The rear cylinder is very close to inseam, does it have a heat issue? I noticed that the torque curve stays above the HP curve to 5252 rpms. That's the first time I've seen that on a dyno. I would imagine that the engine would just loaf along, not using much throttle to maintain a cruse speed, thus little heat produced. More details please, thank you.

Asphalt the great tattoo remover

<<<12 >>>

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 2 of 2

There are 11 posts in this thread.