More squids on my commute!

Posted at 2/21/2014 8:44:16 AM

thesoapster

thesoapster Profile Photo

• MCUSA Moderator
  • Bike: 2009 YZF-R1

That video...wow. If the rider keeps that up I'll be surprised if he even lasts a month.

Posted at 2/21/2014 12:15:43 PM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

If he would have done this in the commute environments that I have to deal with around here he would be dead on day one. It would be the equivalent to jumping out of the chopper in a hot zone and catching one right in the face.

Seriously, this guy is an idiot.

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 2/21/2014 9:22:38 PM

Hexford

Profile Photo Hexford

• Motorcycle Rider

RaptorFA said:If he would have done this in the commute environments that I have to deal with around here he would be dead on day one. It would be the equivalent to jumping out of the chopper in a hot zone and catching one right in the face.

Seriously, this guy is an idiot.
He won't last long, that's Russian Roulette with only one empty chamber. Just hope he doesn't hurt someone or mess up his organs.

Asphalt the great tattoo remover

Posted at 3/13/2014 5:12:59 PM

Gone in 60

Profile Photo Gone in 60

• Motorcycle Rider

When it comes to using power to get out of trouble, it actually is a nice thing to have on my commute home. I'm getting on the 405 freeway from a dead stop on the "fast side" of the freeway, and have a short distance to merge to the left side to catch an interchange. On the BMW, it's a matter of find the holes, punch it and merge. On the old Nighthawk, I have to be a lot more cautious in picking my openings, while screaming "C'mon, baby, you can do it!" inside my helmet.

Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse
BMW R1200R
Honda 750 Nighthawk

Posted at 3/14/2014 8:38:47 AM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

I hear you, Gone. There have been times where I have had no choice but to power out of a potential situation. Things happen so fast sometimes, and braking isn't always the option to take. Make no mistake, I ride in a such a manner that braking is always the first option 98 - 99% of the time, but there is that 1 -2% that makes me glad I have the torque monster underneath me! :lol: Seriously, it has saved my ass more than once.

I have developed something of a predictive modeling kind of style, where I can see things playng out in front of me and allows me to think about 3 to 4 moves ahead. This way I have multiple options for moves, escape routes and so on. But to do this effectively you have to have a bike that can deliver the goods when you need it.

What, Me Worry?

<<<12 >>>

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 2 of 2

There are 14 posts in this thread.