That Birthday "New Bike" Itch!

Posted at 6/24/2014 3:35:41 PM

RaptorFA

RaptorFA Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Many thanks, Geoff. I have not been able to stop smiling since I picked her up yesterday. I Just keep walking around it and shaking my head. Everything about it is just so different than what I am use to. When you start it up, It's almost like starting a truck because the starter motor turns slower and when she fires it's a much more gradual process. It has made me chuckle every time so far! When she fires up the engine is so quiet. But you can here that V-Twin signature; it's just a low, purring rumble. And ya know what? I'm going to keep it that way. Down the line I will probably do a stage 1 on it and that will take the exhaust note up just a tad. But I am NOT getting loud pipes. I like that she's quiet. Remember, it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for! :cool:

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 6/25/2014 3:07:27 AM

LudemJo

Profile Photo LudemJo

• Motorcycle Newbie

I left the stock pipes on mine for several months, but it sounded like a sewing machine and was pretty unimpressive. I didn't want anything obnoxious, but I did want to get a nice exhaust note when I was getting on it that quieted down when I was just cruising listening to the radio. I am pleased with the Screaming Eagle Street Cannon pipes I installed. They have a nice sound when accellerating or blipping the throttle while downshifting, but are barely noticable while in cruise mode on the interstate.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine. Looks beautiful!

John

Posted at 6/25/2014 8:57:21 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

RaptorFA said:Many thanks, Geoff. I have not been able to stop smiling since I picked her up yesterday. I Just keep walking around it and shaking my head. Everything about it is just so different than what I am use to. When you start it up, It's almost like starting a truck because the starter motor turns slower and when she fires it's a much more gradual process. It has made me chuckle every time so far! When she fires up the engine is so quiet. But you can here that V-Twin signature; it's just a low, purring rumble. And ya know what? I'm going to keep it that way. Down the line I will probably do a stage 1 on it and that will take the exhaust note up just a tad. But I am NOT getting loud pipes. I like that she's quiet. Remember, it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for! :cool:

:coolthumb:

I can't think of a modification for a street bike with a lower cost/benefit ratio for me either.

Did it once, too loud, poor fueling, it was heavenly to return that bike to stock.

Never heard your bike as they are quite rare, but I've heard many stock Harleys and they sound just fine; plenty of "character" stock IMHO.

The thought of putting something on my bike with the name "Street Cannons" would never cross my mind.

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 6/26/2014 3:30:44 AM

LudemJo

Profile Photo LudemJo

• Motorcycle Newbie

GAJ said:The thought of putting something on my bike with the name "Street Cannons" would never cross my mind.

Ugh...its just a name....as I stated, they aren't obnoxiously loud at any time and actually quiet at cruise.

To each his own.

John

Edited by LudemJo at 6/26/2014 3:31:05 AM

Posted at 6/26/2014 9:24:19 AM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Street Cannons... Clever marketing to be sure! Through the miracle that is Youtube I have been able to sample these pipes and they actuallly sound quite nice! They are very much as described; just a deeper note that isn't too loud but gives the engine note more character. They look nice, too! Nice add, John.

The stage one kit I'm going to do isn't even that loud, but it does give the bike just a slightly deeper note. And when you do the full stage 1 (LLoyd's air cleaner and fuel controller) the performance gain is noticeable. But again, this will be down the road. I want to get her through the break in period and just clock some miles for now and just enjoy it as is.

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 6/26/2014 9:28:02 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

LudemJo said:
GAJ said:The thought of putting something on my bike with the name "Street Cannons" would never cross my mind.

Ugh...its just a name....as I stated, they aren't obnoxiously loud at any time and actually quiet at cruise.

To each his own.

John

Edited by LudemJo at 6/26/2014 3:31:05 AM

Certainly sound louder than stock on this video but truth be told my DRZ400SM with stock muffler and a Stage 1 Dynojet Kit is probably just as loud.

hyperlink

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

<<<12 5 7 10 >>>

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 10 of 10

There are 95 posts in this thread.