My first bike!

Posted at 6/11/2014 3:56:47 PM

Krazycraker

Krazycraker Profile Photo

My first bike!

Greetings all, I just bought an 08 Honda shadow vt750. Never owned a bike before. I got my license little over a year ago and have been saving since. I finally got something to ride and I can't wait. I know this bike might be a little big for a beginner but im also kind of a big guy. I was looking at a 600 and sales guy steered me away from it, said I would want to get rid of it within a week. Any advice for a beginner, I did take safety class, thinking I might do it again, but this time on my bike! Thanks for the advice and happy riding!

Posted at 6/11/2014 5:09:57 PM

Michael D

Profile Photo Michael D

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2007 Interceptor 800

Aero or spirit. I owned a 07 Aero. Great bike. Good choice, the shadows are very newbie friendly. Just take things slow. Be very aware of things around you. Take nothing for granted.

Posted at 6/12/2014 12:15:00 PM

Krazycraker

Profile Photo Krazycraker

it is a spirit. took it out on a test ride for the first time and didnt want to come back was ready to just hit the road. little intimidated at first but i after a few minutes i was getting used to it. will definatly take it slow in the begining just cruise around the neighborhood for awhile. I totaly love this bike! and looks badass too!

Posted at 6/16/2014 10:13:21 PM

KramArtLover

Profile Photo KramArtLover

• Motorcycle Newbie

Most places around here won't let you use your own bike for the safety course cause of liability issues

Posted at 6/23/2014 1:02:31 PM

budoka

Profile Photo budoka

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

If you've done the basic course, get some experience on your own bike (using caution obviously) and then go back and take the advanced course. You'll learn things in a couple days that will take you years on your own (possibly painfully so) and then some. Many of us came up the hard old fashioned way and bear the scars to show for it. That was then and this is now, traffice is hairier, roads are faster, and dangers are many. If I was to do it again now, I'd take every training course I could enroll in.

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 6/25/2014 1:58:38 PM

Krazycraker

Profile Photo Krazycraker

thanks for the advice, I will definataly enroll into a advanced class.

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 6 posts in this thread.