New. Not really. Sorta. Help.

Posted at 8/25/2014 3:58:01 PM

RaptorFA

RaptorFA Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

You really do need to think about what has been said here. These are people who have been riding for a good part of their lives or longer. You need to respect these machines or they will in fact kill you. So I woud suggest a more intelligent approach, if you really want to ride.

Take the rider training course. You will learn some valuable skills there. Then, for the street, start with something like a Ninja 250 or 300. These are sweet bikes that you can hone your skills on. Trust me, you will love it!

If I may, I would also like to suggest that if you really lke to go fast, look into track riding. At the track you will learn the proper way to go real fast, and there, you CAN go real fast!

Good luck and stay safe, OK? OK!

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 8/25/2014 8:56:40 PM

Deacivated

Profile Photo Deacivated

Ah yes!

I totally agree!
I'm really greatful that I actually received help...
True, I asked my uncle and parents if I could get the Ninja 300 or so. They said I already had that Multistrada, that's a beast I can't yet tame! BUT with all these posts I'm pretty sure they'll think about it!

Posted at 8/26/2014 9:42:53 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

XchO said:
True, I asked my uncle and parents if I could get the Ninja 300 or so. They said I already had that Multistrada...

Explain to them that riding a motorcycle has been said to be as difficult to master as flying a helicopter!

If you wanted to learn how to fly a plane, easier than flying a helicopter from what I understand, trust me, they wouldn't start you out in an F16 which is the equivalent of that Multistrada.

And you can't just hop in a plane by yourself and learn to fly, you need many many hours of time with an experienced instructor before you can fly solo.

Unfortunately in the US they allow inexperienced riders to simply pass a written test and buy the motorcycle equivalent of an F16.

Hopefully your guardians will have the sense to recognize that a rational approach to your learning how to ride will help ensure you safety and survival.

Good luck. :coolthumb:

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 8/26/2014 9:44:19 AM

budoka

Profile Photo budoka

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

Not only does your uncle need a lesson in common sense but so do your folks. You already have the Multistrada?....Jaysus H. Fortunatley you seem willing to heed our advice so I commend you for that. Far be it from me to say don't listen to your parents or elder family members, but in this case I'm pretty sure we here agree they are not qualified to advise you in this case. Next they'll be talking a Panigale R...do take good care.

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 8/26/2014 9:45:10 AM

Deacivated

Profile Photo Deacivated

I believe everything that you said is true! Thanks! Btw nice bikes :o

I guess your first bike isnt your last quote is true based off of everybody here :1

Posted at 8/26/2014 10:34:15 AM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Well, when you consider that technically my first bike looked like this:

I would say that is true! :lol: And here is my primary ride today:

This progression does NOT happen quickly! Just sayin...

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 8/26/2014 11:51:46 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

My first bike.

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 8/26/2014 11:52:26 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

When I had four in the garage, (I'm down to two now):

Posted at 8/26/2014 4:25:19 PM

skyhawk04kilo

Profile Photo skyhawk04kilo

• Motorcycle Rider

My current bikes, a Multistrada 1000S and an XS650 Special:

... and my first bike, a Virago 250 with 21hp!

Posted at 8/26/2014 9:32:55 PM

Deacivated

Profile Photo Deacivated

IKR...literally

budoka said:Not only does your uncle need a lesson in common sense but so do your folks. You already have the Multistrada?....Jaysus H. Fortunatley you seem willing to heed our advice so I commend you for that. Far be it from me to say don't listen to your parents or elder family members, but in this case I'm pretty sure we here agree they are not qualified to advise you in this case. Next they'll be talking a Panigale R...do take good care.

I read up and like to research on the engines and everything about these speed craving monsters. Hell, I don't want to take on the Panigale R. I am wayyyyyy to scared after what happend with the once beautiful Multistrada. I know, I'm trying to enroll a motorcycle course and classes. Thanks once again!!!
I really appreciate everything! Hopefully the dealers won't give me a hard time if I purchase the Ninja 300 !!

Posted at 9/8/2014 9:05:55 AM

JH94ARNG

Profile Photo JH94ARNG

Don't care about what the dealers think, they won't be at your funeral if you buy too big a bike.

<<<12 >>>

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 2 of 2

There are 20 posts in this thread.