New. Not really. Sorta. Help.

Posted at 8/17/2014 3:15:33 PM

Loh

Loh Profile Photo

New. Not really. Sorta. Help.

:smile:

So my uncle let me have or ride his 2012 RM85L, I crashed that when I was 14.

He said that was to strong for me so then he let me drive around the TRX450R ATV.
It was much easier, though I almost killed myself by almost flipping over...

For my 15th birthday I crashed his Ducati Multistrada 1200, :sweat: He told me it was stronger and will kick very hard if your not nice to it, I somehow put it into a higher gear like idk 3 ?

Such a sad story...

So lately I've been zooming around his Zero DS Electric...

I really want to get into the real bikes, not saying Ducati or ZDS isn't.

I'm not sure though, everybody says start with Ninja's or?

Posted at 8/17/2014 4:09:02 PM

budoka

Profile Photo budoka

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

X, your history thus far tells me you have a penchant for disaster. The TRX450r is not a toy, it's a very volatile off road machine and the other bikes you mention are no child thing either. Get yourself a Ninja 250 at best and an MSF course. I see pain and blood in your future otherwise.

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 8/17/2014 6:16:16 PM

thesoapster

Profile Photo thesoapster

• MCUSA Moderator
  • Bike: 2009 YZF-R1

I have to agree with budoka. Get to a riding course ASAP and start small. Ninja 250/300, CBR 250, etc. are great bikes.

Posted at 8/23/2014 8:54:53 AM

skyhawk04kilo

Profile Photo skyhawk04kilo

• Motorcycle Rider

Good lord, what sort of uncle puts his 15 year old nephew on a 150hp Multistrada? Stay away from that guy, sounds like he is trying to get rid of you...

Drive a car for a couple of years before you start riding road bikes. There are a lot of basic lessons you need to learn about being on the road that are much easier to learn in a car instead of on a bike. Everybody messes up when they first start driving and you're better off messing up in a car than on a bike.

Posted at 8/23/2014 9:19:32 AM

mdgeorge

Profile Photo mdgeorge

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2014 Fat Boy - FLSTF

Lesson one:
Easy does it hot shot!!!!

Posted at 8/23/2014 10:42:33 AM

Loh

Profile Photo Loh

Hi!

skyhawk04kilo said:Good lord, what sort of uncle puts his 15 year old nephew on a 150hp Multistrada? Stay away from that guy, sounds like he is trying to get rid of you...

Drive a car for a couple of years before you start riding road bikes. There are a lot of basic lessons you need to learn about being on the road that are much easier to learn in a car instead of on a bike. Everybody messes up when they first start driving and you're better off messing up in a car than on a bike.

I'm actually a girl, so not a nephew
Good point, never thought about that....
When I hear the Ducati roar or vroom I knew sh*t was going to happen, it happened but it was really fast so...
It was raining, I thought it was a bad idea, but he pushed for it LOL.
I already drive ISF350 haha..

Posted at 8/24/2014 10:59:46 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

Your uncle is an idiot.

Heed the advice already given.

It sounds like you come from a wealthy family, (your drive a $44,000 car), so don't let their "genorosity" by providing you with over the top vehicles hurt you physically.

They are doing you a disservice.

Obviously you can afford the MSF course, which you should take even though you might think you're "experienced," and then go out and get a Ninja 300 with ABS.

Don't let your family talk you out of it or "surprise" you by buying you a completely lethal bike for a novice like a GSXR 750 or something.

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 8/24/2014 2:42:34 PM

Loh

Profile Photo Loh

GAJ said:Your uncle is an idiot.

It sounds like you come from a wealthy family, (your drive a $44,000 car), so don't let their "genorosity" by providing you with over the top vehicles hurt you physically.

Obviously you can afford the MSF course, which you should take even though you might think you're "experienced," and then go out and get a Ninja 300 with ABS.

Don't let your family talk you out of it or "surprise" you by buying you a completely lethal bike for a novice like a GSXR 750 or something.

I just like speed, obviously, it could kill me if not careful
Haha I don't know.
What is MSF course?
LOL no, I don't think I want to ride the GSXR.
After what happened with the Ducati, I don't think I want to ride a bike or beast that big:sweat:

Posted at 8/25/2014 9:25:25 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

XchO said:
GAJ said:Your uncle is an idiot.

I just like speed, obviously, it could kill me if not careful
Haha I don't know.
What is MSF course?
LOL no, I don't think I want to ride the GSXR.
After what happened with the Ducati, I don't think I want to ride a bike or beast that big:sweat:

hyperlink

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 8/25/2014 3:58:01 PM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

You really do need to think about what has been said here. These are people who have been riding for a good part of their lives or longer. You need to respect these machines or they will in fact kill you. So I woud suggest a more intelligent approach, if you really want to ride.

Take the rider training course. You will learn some valuable skills there. Then, for the street, start with something like a Ninja 250 or 300. These are sweet bikes that you can hone your skills on. Trust me, you will love it!

If I may, I would also like to suggest that if you really lke to go fast, look into track riding. At the track you will learn the proper way to go real fast, and there, you CAN go real fast!

Good luck and stay safe, OK? OK!

What, Me Worry?

<<< 1 2>> >

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 2

There are 20 posts in this thread.