Looking for feedback about a Trip

Posted at 8/24/2014 10:33:58 AM

State

State Profile Photo

Looking for feedback about a Trip

Looking to get some opinions from other riders about a trip I'm planning next spring. Not necessarily about the route but the purpose and probability.

I'm getting out of the Military next year and by the time I get out of the U.S. Army next spring I'll have spent 7 years on active duty, 3 of those spent overseas but before I leave the Military for good and before I start a new career I plan on taking 30 days of leave to travel around America on my Triumph to get intimate with the country we defended for so long.

I'm not sure but as I look back on my time served I feel a real need for closure; How do you end a part of your life that's been so meaningful, terrible and so rewarding? What did it all mean? My time served? The men and women I served with? The soldiers we lost? The country they fought and died for?

So the idea is to ride around America, seeing as much as I can in 30 days or so, and meet up with old Army buddies, and veterans to see what it meant to them and stopping at the graves of some of the guys we lost.

I've been thinking about trying to get sponsorship and wanted to get some opinions on if it's worth it, my trip? Or if anyone has done something like this before? I don't really have anything to offer a Sponsor, there's no return on investment and realistically, I'd be asking for gear and help funding a vacation. At times I think the whole thing would seem laughable and even pretentious but I thought it was worth getting some other opinions on the matter.

Thanks guys.

Posted at 8/25/2014 9:29:04 AM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

State said:Looking to get some opinions from other riders about a trip I'm planning next spring. Not necessarily about the route but the purpose and probability.

I'm getting out of the Military next year and by the time I get out of the U.S. Army next spring I'll have spent 7 years on active duty, 3 of those spent overseas but before I leave the Military for good and before I start a new career I plan on taking 30 days of leave to travel around America on my Triumph to get intimate with the country we defended for so long.

I'm not sure but as I look back on my time served I feel a real need for closure; How do you end a part of your life that's been so meaningful, terrible and so rewarding? What did it all mean? My time served? The men and women I served with? The soldiers we lost? The country they fought and died for?

So the idea is to ride around America, seeing as much as I can in 30 days or so, and meet up with old Army buddies, and veterans to see what it meant to them and stopping at the graves of some of the guys we lost.

I've been thinking about trying to get sponsorship and wanted to get some opinions on if it's worth it, my trip? Or if anyone has done something like this before? I don't really have anything to offer a Sponsor, there's no return on investment and realistically, I'd be asking for gear and help funding a vacation. At times I think the whole thing would seem laughable and even pretentious but I thought it was worth getting some other opinions on the matter.

Thanks guys.

Thank you for your service.

I think you'd get the best feedback on a larger forum like ADV Rider where riders who've done similar trips are numerous.

Good luck and have fun.

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 2 posts in this thread.