Hey everyone, check out my invention- SensePod

Posted at 4/4/2012 8:15:10 AM

egarl004

egarl004 Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Newbie

Hey everyone, check out my invention- SensePod

Hey everyone, I just signed up for this forum and posted my introduction a few seconds ago. I wanted to share with all of you a business that I'm trying to start. I've made a collision avoidance system for motorcyclists. It uses ultrasonic sensors attached to the back of the helmet with leds mounted inside near the visor. Feel free to tell me what you guys think. I've started to accept funding on indiegogo.com. I'm not asking for you all to contribute, especially on a forum that I've just signed up for, but it would be great if everyone who likes it could share it for me so it gets out there and turns into a reality. Thanks for everyone's time in reading this post.
The websites are:
www.project-maple.com (My main website)
www.indiegogo.com/sensepod (My funding page)

Thanks again!

Posted at 4/4/2012 3:02:07 PM

GAJ

Profile Photo GAJ

• Motorcycle Pro

I think these devices on cars are designed to help the clueless distracted driver reaching for the radio, a snack, the phone etc.

Not sure the same applies to motorcyclists...but good luck with your idea.

I can't think of a single rider I know that would use this.

Current bikes: F800ST, DRZ400SM

Past bikes, starting with the first in 1970: CB50, K75S, Seca 550, Nighthawk 750, TL1000S

Posted at 4/4/2012 4:02:18 PM

egarl004

Profile Photo egarl004

• Motorcycle Newbie

Thanks for the input, GAJ

I hope this device doesn't come off as insulting a riders intelligence. Things happen when you ride that you have zero control over. The purpose isn't intended to only say "hey, theres a car next to you." Motorcyclists, at least the ones I ride with, are very safe and always on the lookout for potential dangers. If a car pulls out in front of you at a hundred and fifty feet though, you have zero control of the situation. You only have choices: brake or change lanes. The point is to let the rider know if a lane is open to perform a head check. If it takes you 2 seconds to react, one for the delay in processing the information from your brain to your brakes and one to head check a lane, you've traveled 132ft if you were at a speed of 45 mph. If the rider head checked the wrong lane, the results would have been deadly. This is just an active device as opposed to the majority of what helmets are about today. All the safety is passive. I.E. your head will be ok when you fall. Why not take it a step further and provide an added bit of awareness?

Posted at 5/10/2012 10:26:06 PM

Violet

Profile Photo Violet

• Motorcycle Newbie
  • Bike: 2012 125 SX

egarl004 said:Thanks for the input, GAJ

I hope this device doesn't come off as insulting a riders intelligence. Things happen when you ride that you have zero control over. The purpose isn't intended to only say "hey, theres a car next to you." Motorcyclists, at least the ones I ride with, are very safe and always on the lookout for potential dangers. If a car pulls out in front of you at a hundred and fifty feet though, you have zero control of the situation. You only have choices: brake or change lanes. The point is to let the rider know if a lane is open to perform a head check. If it takes you 2 seconds to react, one for the delay in processing the information from your brain to your brakes and one to head check a lane, you've traveled 132ft if you were at a speed of 45 mph. If the rider head checked the wrong lane, the results would have been deadly. This is just an active device as opposed to the majority of what helmets are about today. All the safety is passive. I.E. your head will be ok when you fall. Why not take it a step further and provide an added bit of awareness?

It's exact right.Any devices can't stop an accident,if you have seconds to use them ,maybe you can avoid it wholely.Only one thing rider need to do :provide an added bit of awareness.Save a happy group for you and me and all the people

A freshman in motorcycle field,But it never means ever.

Posted at 9/18/2012 10:04:18 AM

jorgea

Profile Photo jorgea

• Motorcycle Newbie

Sensepod

This invention idea sounds promising.

Posted at 5/28/2014 11:26:36 AM

jkrim

Profile Photo jkrim

Is this device still available to purchase?

I am recovering from a horrific bicycle accident and am wondering if this product is available to purchase.

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 6 posts in this thread.