Need to choose the best ATV 450 for a woman.

Posted at 7/10/2012 1:03:55 PM

Nisa509

Nisa509 Profile Photo

• Motorcycle Newbie

Need to choose the best ATV 450 for a woman.

Hi all,
I'm new on the forum. Here's the story: I live in Haiti and have a Raptor 350 wich is a greaaaat bike! But I want to become a professional now. I want to go to another level and was thinking about a 450. I'm in loooove with the KTM 450 xc but we don't have the parts in Haiti and it's too expansive to order them from the US. So I was more thinking about a Suzuki LT-R450 or a Yamaha YFZ... can't choose! I read that the YFZ is "softer" than the LTR but that the LTR is a really good ATV for enduro...
I'm a woman, I weight 110lbs and I want the best ATV 450 for ENDURO.
What ATV do you guys think I should take?
Thanks in advance for ur help!

Posted at 7/10/2012 1:47:08 PM

budoka

Profile Photo budoka

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

The YFZ has more potential if you are planning on going serious or pro racing. The Honda TRX is also a worthy competitor, but the KTM has more guts than any of them. I have experience opn both the TRX and the Outlaw 450 (Polaris, and no longer produced) and they are both solid out of the box, just as is the Yamaha and KTM. The Outlaw ran the same engine as the branded KTM but it made more hp than the Polaris did (you'd have to talk direct to KTM to get the skinny on why that is...). Suspension and chassis wise all the 450's are pretty close, but a set of Ohlins on any of them are in order, but the KTM I believe comes with them. For your needs I guess it comes down to availability and shipping costs etc.

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 7/11/2012 11:50:59 AM

Nisa509

Profile Photo Nisa509

• Motorcycle Newbie

Thank you so mych hondaisme for your help!
You're right... it's a matter of shipping costs, parts availability etc. That's why the YFZ is a good option. But now you make me want to take a TRX! lol
So my choices are YFZ, TRX and LTR. Parts for Yamaha, Suzuki or Honda are easy to find in Haiti and not that expansive. So i'm gonna forget about the KTM and stick to these 3 choices. Still wondering wich one's the best for me. Isn't the YFZ more "soft" than the 2 others?

Posted at 7/11/2012 12:33:53 PM

budoka

Profile Photo budoka

• Motorcycle Rider
  • Bike: 2009 Gold Wing 1800 Airbag

If by soft you mean forgiving, I'd say no. I found th eTRX a tad more rigid in the suspension category, whch for me translates to a quicker more sharp handling bike in the rouch and over whoops. The Yam has more compliant stock shocks I think. Like I said, they both need Ohlins IMO if you're at all serious. I think the TRX is touchier to dial in on the carb though.

My Rides: 2003 VTR1000R/RC51; 2009 GL1800 Goldwing airbag model
So many bikes, so little coin...

Posted at 10/17/2014 9:33:00 PM

turunana

Profile Photo turunana

Indian sujuuki is the best for the subcontinen area

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 5 posts in this thread.