Ducati and Althea Racing Split

Posted at 11/1/2012 11:56:19 AM

Rich S

Rich S Profile Photo

• MCUSA Administrator

Will a Ducati Factory Team return in 2013?

Ducati and Althea Racing Seperate, Ducati Gets Custody of Checa.

Looks like some interesting changes for Ducati's World Superbike plans as they split from Althea racing. They've said that Carlos Checa is remaining on a Ducati but there hasn't been any word on what team he will be riding for. Is this a signal of a Ducati Factory Team return?

Read more: Ducati Confirms Carlos Checa for 2013

Results (2 Votes)

Signs point to yes (100% 2 Votes)
Don't count on it (0% 0 Votes)
Maybe in 2014 (0% 0 Votes)
Ask again later (0% 0 Votes)

Posted at 11/1/2012 5:25:17 PM

Sid Siezer

Profile Photo Sid Siezer

• Motorcycle Pro
  • Bike: 1997 Interceptor 750

The real question for me is, how will this season go with the Panigale?:sweat: This is the direction I believe Audi is heading towards. It may very well be the reason Rossi left the red devils.:evil::evil: Anyway, Checcas riding it, so could be magical.

Its getting cold. Old bones and body hurt.

Posted at 11/6/2012 1:54:52 PM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Racer
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Yeah, Sid, I agree. I just wonder if the platform is really ready for this level of competition. Looks like Carlos has picked up a team mate too. Sylvain Guintoli has backed out of a potential deal to replace the rehabbing John Hopkins and will join Alstare Ducati, a team with heavy factory support from DucAudi, but NOT a factory team.

Jules Cluzel will ride with Leon Camier over at Fixi Cresent Suzuki, a team which sadly gets no support from Suzuki! This could explain why they did not have the success they hoped for last year.

Over-all the present provisional grid stands at 19 riders. There culd be one more 1199 on the grid in the form of Peter Rubatto putting together a team. Again, not set in stone.

What, Me Worry?

Posted at 11/12/2012 10:07:27 AM

Rich S

Profile Photo Rich S

• MCUSA Administrator

Ducati and Team Alstare together in World Superbike for two years as "Team Ducati Alstare".

Read more: Ducati and Team Alstare WSBK 2013-2014

Posted at 11/15/2012 12:29:36 PM

RaptorFA

Profile Photo RaptorFA

• Motorcycle Racer
  • Bike: 2011 GSX1250FA

Wow. At least the deal is done and now they can start preparing for real. I guess they are in Aragon doing some testing today. I also heard that Yamaha is there doing MotoGP tests as well. It would be cool to have both bikes on the track at the same time! I wonder if it is dry there...

So what the heck happened to Sylvain Guintoli? Did he get the short end or what! I wonder if he can get a ride next year?

What, Me Worry?

Quick Navigation

You are viewing page 1 of 1

There are 5 posts in this thread.