Formed in 1916, BMW (Bavarian Motor Works) began producing truck and aircraft engines for Germany during WWI. BMW Motorrad, (motorrad is German for motorcycle), traces its origins to the R32 motorcycle produced in 1923. Since then numerous models have been produced, including the popular R1200GS along with host of other bikes sourcing the Boxer powerplant. BMW also produces the popular, Inline Four-powered S1000RR literbike and Inline Six-powered K1600GTL, as well as several other variants based of these engine platforms along with its single-cylinder G and Parallel Twin F series.
Featured BMW Motorcycle Stories
BMW breaks into the entry-level market with the release of its Single-powered roadster, the 2016 BMW G 310 R, a new gateway bike for the Bavarian marque.
BMW Motorcycle Videos
- AMA Welcomes BMW as Platinum Sponsor of AMA MHoF Induction Ceremony
- Touratech Introduces a Shocking Upgrade for the BMW R1200GS
- Valerie Thompson First Female in Colorado Mile 200 MPH Club
- BMW Motorrad USA Welcomes BMW Motorcycles of Santa Clarita to Dealer Network
- U.S. Qualifiers Announced For BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy
After battling at the racetrack, Superbike Smackdown X moves to the street to see how the same six Superbikes perform on the open road.