Formed in 1916, BMW (Bavarian Motor Works) began producing truck and aircraft engines for Germany during WWI, with post-war production focused on the motorcycle. BMW Motorrad, (motorrad is German for motorcycle), traces its origins to the R32 motorcycle produced in 1923. Since then numerous models have been produced, including the popular R1200GS along with host of other bikes sourcing the Boxer powerplant. The K series features touring mounts like the K1600GTL and sport-inspired K1300S. BMW Motorcycles offers a race-winning sportbike in its S1000RR literbike and has developed a versatile off-road and street lineup with its Single G and Parallel Twin F series along with stripped-down Roadsters such as the R nineT and R1200R.
- AMA Welcomes BMW as Platinum Sponsor of AMA MHoF Induction Ceremony
- Touratech Introduces a Shocking Upgrade for the BMW R1200GS
- Valerie Thompson First Female in Colorado Mile 200 MPH Club
- BMW Motorrad USA Welcomes BMW Motorcycles of Santa Clarita to Dealer Network
- U.S. Qualifiers Announced For BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy
After battling at the racetrack, Superbike Smackdown X moves to the street to see how the same six Superbikes perform on the open road.