For over ten years now, the guys at One World Studios have worked their tails off representing the American motorcycle scene by producing and promoting independent motorcycle movies. Their moto-documentary featuring Rico Fodrey and Kutty Noteboom, Choppertown The Sinners, helped put them on the map. Scott Di Lalla entrenched his place in the culture even further when he chronicled his ground-up build of a 1969 Triumph in The Harbortown Bobber.
You won’t find a copy of American Chopper – Season 3 on the Choppertown site. What you will find is gritty, knuckle-busting, riding and wrenching movies, real-world glimpses of garage builders, small shops, and grass-roots events like the El Diablo Run.
So after a two-year hiatus, the Choppertown guys are once again holding their Online Backyard Bike Build Contest! This contest is for amateur builders only, no pro shops. It provides an avenue for the no-nonsense community their documentaries represent to showcase the caliber of their work for all to see. You might even win some cool schwag from Lowbrow Customs, Biltwell, Dice Magazine and Choppertown itself.
The contest starts tomorrow, Tuesday, April 14th, and runs through April 28th, 2015. Winners will be announced April 30. Read about how to enter below, courtesy of Choppertown.
Simple rules, cool prizes, anyone WORLDWIDE can enter (and just look too.)
1. The bike MUST have been built by you or your buddies in your backyard or garage. All amateur, no “pro” builders. (Must not have been entered in the Choppertown contest previously.)
2. Awesome Prizes will be awarded by the Choppertown staff to the top 3 in each category:
1st place gets a Choppertown Movie Download Combo, Dice Magazine t-shirt, $100 gift card from Lowbrow Customs and yes, a Biltwell helmet of choice.
2nd place gets a Choppertown Movie Download Combo and $25 gift card from Lowbrow Customs.
3rd place gets a Choppertown Movie Download Combo.
3. Post two (2) pics in the comments of the appropriate category and tell us something about your build. Mandatory.
4. Post a short video clip of your bike starting (not mandatory, but could be worth a bonus point or two!) Must contain NO MUSIC. (click here for instructions on how to post a video to our blog).
5. Pics and Videos can be posted for two weeks starting: Tuesday, April 14th (12am) – April 28th, 2015 (23:59pm).
That’s it – On April 14th you can choose your category and post your pics and videos!
6. Winners will be announced publicly on approximately April 30th, 2015.
7. Terms and Conditions: The contest is free to enter and entering parties (You) do so voluntarily. We reserve the right to delete any content for any reason. By entering the contest and uploading content, you warrant and assert that you own the uploaded content and by uploading said content you are granting us a non-exclusive license to use the uploaded content. Award of prizes will be made at Choppertown’s sole discretion. All prizes will be shipped directly to the winners by the sponsors.