AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Dick Klamfoth and his wife Bev lost everything when their house burned down right before Christmas. Luckily, they escaped through a bedroom window, but the fire claimed everything else.
AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Dick Klamfoth and his wife Bev recently lost everything to a house fire. A GoFundMe account has been established to help the Klamfoth’s out.
Klamfoth was the first three-time winner of the Daytona 200 and was a former promoter of AMA National Motocross. Though Dick and Bev are covered by insurance, that coverage only goes so far. So a GoFundMe account has been set up to help them out with unexpected expenses.
Here’s more information and a link to the GoFundMe page courtesy of The National Motorcycle Museum. Many thanks to George Sedlak for forwarding the information to us.
Devastating Fire Hits Klamfoth Residence
Hall of Famer Dick Klamfoth and his wife Bev were awakened at 4:00 a.m. last Saturday by a smoke alarm. They escaped their burning home through a bedroom window; it was already nearly completely engulfed in flames. Their home, animals, cars, racing memorabilia all burned completely to the ground. Bev suffered smoke inhalation and was transported to OSU’s burn center but released after about a day. They are staying with daughter Kristi and her husband Al who live next door.
Though they say they are insured for this loss, there are sure to be “gaps.” A fund has been set up and we encourage you to help Bev and Dick by making a donation to get them back on their feet. http://www.gofundme.com/klamfothfirefund.
Dick and Bev also ask that if you sent a contribution for a Daytona Monument block since February 1, 2014, though your check is cashed, the applications have been burned in the fire. Please send Bev a note with your block size and inscription to replace the lost records.
10213 Honda Hills Road
Thornville, OH 43076
Thanks very much for helping our wonderful friends in the motorcycle community in their time of need.
National Motorcycle Museum