- Mike Childress made up the huge starting deficit and was in the hunt for the win, but partner Andy Grider, still suffering from a sudden sickness, couldn't keep that pace. They would end up second overall.
- The Marc Burnett/Shawn Highland privateer Suzuki finished third overall bike.
- Jon Ortner teamed up with Craig Adams, Jeff Kaplan and Greg Zitterkopf to triumph in Class 40 by steadily picking off the competition.
- Robby Bell got the winning team off to a good start after some dicing in the early miles; by the time he handed the bike to partner Kendall Norman, they had nothing but clean air and the clock to deal with.
- Steve Garnet teamed with Scott Myers and Jim O'Neal on the winning Class 30 team. (O'Neal also rode on the runner-up Class 50 squad.)
- The locals love it when they see some side-by-side racing. Many camp out and make a weekend of spectating.
- There's always someone who didn't pre-run or pay attention while doing so. The Don Connelly/Earl Roberts team misjudged here or else buckled under the pressure of someone behind.
- The Craig Adams/Brett Helm/Bob Johnson/Doug Smith/Tim Withers team topped Class 50 by some nine minutes.
- The Javier Hernandez/Eduardo Rosas team and their clean CRF450R took top honors in Sportsman motorcycle over 250cc.