Photos of the 2007 Ducati 1098S. 2007 Ducati 1098S First Ride.
- Our favorite Aussie takes a spin on Ducati's revelatory 1098S to find out if it lives up to the immense hype being heaped upon it.
- 2007 Ducati 1098 S right side angle
- The new machine also utilizes the Ducati Data Analyzer system, which allows riders to download up to 3.5 hours of riding info from the bike and onto their personal computer.
- Everyone can appreciate the 1098's sublime external properties, but the new trellis frame shaves pounds and increases rigidity.
- The 1098 has already thrilled loyal Ducatisti with its dramatic unveiling this summer. Seeing it in person, Gobert compares its racing lines to the spectacular, and also thrilling, Desmosedici RR.
- 2007 Ducati 1098 S front end vert
- Internal changes to the 1098's mill include an increase in both the bore and stroke for its 1099cc displacement, as well as larger inlet and exhaust valves.
- The Testastretta Evoluzione engine inside the new Ducati 1098 is the pinnacle of technology which has made the marque a dominant power in WSB. The V-4 Desmosedici RR aside, Ducati's L-shaped Twin is the signature powerplant from the Italian firm.
- Ducati 1098S
- Ducati 1098S
- The 1098 is more compact than its predecessor, the 999, and our test rider found it easier to move his body around in an effort to drop lap times.
- Former AMA SB racer turned MCUSA contributor, Alex Gobert, evaluates the racing potential of the sexy new Ducati 1098S at the Eastern Creek circuit in Australia.
- Gobert appreciated the cornering capabilities of the Ducati superbike, with the 1098's new 1099cc powerplant producing ample torque.
- Ducati has a winner in the 1098S and WSB champion Troy Bayliss. The question remains, when will we see the two paired together on the track?
- 2007 Ducati 1098 S lineup.
- The Ducati 1098S is 4 lbs lighter than the regular 1098 in large part because of its wheels. The forged alloy Marchesini units on the S-model sport a red pinstripe to denote the difference.
- 2007 Ducati 1098 S test riders and crew at the track.