Yamaha was kind enough to let us take Thad DuVall’s XC2 Pro Lites race-winning WR250F straight off the podium and onto the race course. It didn’t take long to realize this is no stock Yamaha. Check out what we thought of this bike in our 2008 Am-Pro Yamaha WR250F 1st Ride.
- We didn't hesitate to jump on Thad DuVall's Am-Pro Yamaha WR250F. The GNCC rider took the bike to victory only minutes before this photo.
- Even though DuVall is only 5'6" it was comfortable for our tester to ride his machine while sitting or pounding through whoops.
- A set of YZ250F cams, FMF 4.1 exhaust, carb settings and airbox mods wake the motor up enough to make lifting the front end in sand much easier than on a stock bike.
- Where I work the sticks with weight, DuVall works them with speed, so his stiffer suspension setup still worked better than stock suspension for my heavier frame.
- WR models are proving their worth in racing.
- Even without his goggles, DuVall used the super-smooth Yamaha to win in Florida.
- Thad DuVall has put his Am-Pro Yamaha on the podium six times before the summer break.